“Hard waiting” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 1,920 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: "A must do in Waikiki!" is one of our most occurring descriptions in Trip Advisor reviews! We've got live music 2x a day that vibes amongst authentic music memorabilia and a guitar wave spanning two floors. Our open-aired Hawaiian design includes a stage for the best bands on the island performing classic and current pop and rock hits from 5-7pm and 9pm-close everyday. Enjoy happy hour specials from 3pm-7pm and 9pm-close everyday. Our island specialites include fresh fish tacos, Legendary Hawaiian cheeseburgers, and award winning tropical cocktails. And don't forget to pick up one of our Honolulu classic Hard Rock T-shirt or sweatshirt. We are located at the corner of Kalakaua Avenue and Beach Walk Avenue in the heart of Waikiki.
“Hard waiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Liked the atmosphere and food quality as well overall price but hated the long waiting (45 minutes)....

Visited June 2014
HardRock_Waikiki, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Aloha Jose D.,

I glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and good food. Please,do not hesitate to call ahead for priority seating, our number 808-225-0375, this will help with your wait time. We do hope you will come back the next time you are in Honolulu.

C.J.Chipley
280 Beachwalk. Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815

Cobourg, Canada
“Another Great HRC Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a really good location with their guitar wall & ceiling. Live music was a nice touch. The food was very good, and very good size portions. Service was great. Reasonable prices as well. Highly recommended. We have been to about 12 different HRC's, have not disappointed yet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HardRock_Waikiki, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Aloha TravelingFamily2,

Thank you for writing this nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the good food and reasonable prices. Thank you too for the high recommendation. 12 HRC's ?! , that is awesome, I hope you are taking advantage of all your rewards points.

808-955-7383
“Great food and great serive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very good restaurant. Great burgers and the drinks are good. The service was also good and would recommend this to friends and family.

P. Martini
Sydney, Australia

Aloha Pete M.,

Thank you for writing this review and for recommending us to your friends and family. Hope you will stop by again the next time you are in Hawaii.

Illinois
“Good food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I liked the set up of this Hard Rock with the indoor/outdoor dining on the second floor. We had to wait about 25 minutes for a table. Once upstairs, we had to wait about 10 more minutes before we were seated. Our server was less than efficient, but I do believe he was trying. (I think he was inexperienced in dealing with crowds more than anything.) When our food did arrive, I had fish tacos. The fish was a Hawaiian swordfish-like fish. The tacos were tasty. My husband had chicken fajitas and enjoyed those. My daughter had a Cobb Salad because she was "not hungry," but the salad was huge. For someone who does not typically order a salad, she really liked it. I try to visit Hard Rock Cafes wherever I travel. I really liked the feel of this one. Prices were reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aloha Green24,

Thank you for writing this review about our cafe. Our fish tacos are amazing. Our fish is delivered to us fresh daily. I'm so glad you all enjoyed your meals. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Waikiki.

England
“Best Hard Rock Cafe I've been to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were in Waikiki between 17th June and 8th July 2014. We ate in the HRC several times, as we have on previous visits to Waikiki. And of the 15-20 HRCs that I've been to, the new Honolulu one in Waikiki is by far the best. The food is very good. I've never been disappointed in the quality of anything I've had there. But virtually all of the food I've had in America is of a good standard. So to stand out from the crowd a restaurant has to have something other than just good food. And the HRC has it in spades. The atmosphere is just right, and the live bands we heard were excellent. One blues band in particular, obviously Jimmy Reed fans, did a good job on a couple of Jimmy's songs. The setting, being one storey up, and open at the front, also adds to the appeal of the place. Though bigger, it was very similar to the now closed HRC in Kona, on the Big Island. But the Kona HRC had no live music. As conformation of having that extra something is the fact that the HRC is packed every night, while the Planet Hollywood that opened a few years ago only a few yards down from it on Kalakaua Avenue has long been closed down.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aloha AmericanBeer,

Thank you so much for writing this awesome review about your time here. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere , good food and service. Who doesn't love a little Jimmy Reed from time to time. Thank you too for mentioning our live music. We have free live music twice daily and three times daily on weekends. You can checkout our website for details. Hope to see you again.