“decent prices kinda fun” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Spaghetti Factory

The Old Spaghetti Factory
1050 Ala Moana Blvd, Ste 2000, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814-4930 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808-591-2513
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Honolulu
“decent prices kinda fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

okay this is not
fancy dining but the atmosphere to me is kind of fun and the food is decent with reasonable prices
good for a family dinner outing
maybe not so much for a date with the objective to impress
but for my money this is a good reliable place to get decent portions and friendly service
and not a bad location in the Ward area
Just do not go in expecting the ultimate in dining experiences
way chaper than that chain place across the street and just as fun to me

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Good location,reasonable food, great decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant located in the key shopping area of Honolulu offers good quality Italian fare in a comfortable setting. Service was excellent, portions generous and some intersting furniture for some great photographs.
We're not talking high end here, But as a tired tourist was above our expectations.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu
“One of my favorites has turned into one of the places to avoid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

So… the sushi place that was first on our list just closed. As we drove out of the parking lot I told my wife of 34 years… Lets go to "The Old Spaghetti Factory." Only a quarter mile down the road, it was the logical alternative. It was our "carb" night, so we were looking for a starch overload and noodles would fit the bill. The place closes at 10pm so we had an hour to spare. This restaurant has always been a favorite to my entire family, but it's been a couple of years since our last visit. The really old looking "haunted house" decor looked exactly as I remembered it (think "Disney's Haunted Mansion") and I don't think it has changed in 30 years or more. I asked my wife if I had ever brought her here before we were married… sometime in 1976 maybe. She couldn't remember but we must have eaten here at least thirty or forty times through the years. We were immediately greeted by a friendly worker at the door and was taken to a small table near the full size "cable car" that sits in the middle of one of the dining rooms (the cable car actually has several dining tables in it's interior). We ordered our regular entrees, meat sauce for me and the three sauce spaghetti dish for my wife. Our salads tasted OK but nothing special. The small loaf of bread looked great but turned out to be very hard to cut and chew and swallow. I had always enjoyed eating the bread that comes with the meal… not this time. When we finally received our entrees we were equally disappointed. My wife even told me that it was the worst that she ever had. I agreed. It wasn't that it was really bad tasting… just very plain tasting with no distinct flavor (liked canned food). The included ice cream was probably the best part of the meal. I was quite shocked at the final bill as well. It was easily twice as much as I remembered (of course, it's been a couple of years and the price of food in Hawaii is outrageous everywhere). My wife and I came into the place extremely hungry. We left the place extremely full… and terribly disappointed that we didn't get to eat at our favorite sushi place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Service was very good but the food was kind of bland. It was filling but I prefer tohave a little more flavor. The atmosphere is very good the the prices are reasonable.

Visited September 2013
“Racist manager???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Ive heard about this place from so many people and thought it would be fun to try on vacation in Hawaii. Oh was I wrong. Our waitress was a cute blonde I could tell wasn't from the island she was trying so hard and I thought she wad great but her managers were so rude to.her I can't belive there managing a corporate resteraunt I heard them saying racist things to one another about the girl. I was uncomfortable and I don't even work there. Will never return

• Visited September 2013