“Wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarento's Top of the I

Sarento's Top of the I
1777 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 225, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
(808) 995-5559
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sarento's Top of the I is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,939 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Description: Superb, regional Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Specialties include award-winning homemade pastas, fresh Hawaiian seafood, prime steaks, veal, lamb, chicken, pork and signature dishes such as osso buco, as well as decadently delicious Italian desserts from their pastry chef. Sarento's offers an excellent Happy Hour with signature cocktails and small plates at the bar from 5pm-8pm daily. Happy Hour goes until 10 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays! With breathtaking views of Diamond Head, Waikiki Beach and Honolulu's famous skyline, Sarento's brings a bit of Italy to Hawaii with style. Old country warmth and hospitality are part of the atmosphere that makes this fine dining establishment one of Hawaii's most celebrated. Beautiful private dining rooms are available for groups up to 40.
Delta, Canada
“Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We celebrated my son and his new wife's wedding here. I had contacted Mary before hand and she was more than helpful always responding to emails promptly . We had a small party of 13 and wanted a private room so we had the Wine Rack room. The view was amazing and the room we had was just what we had hoped for. Luckily enough the fireworks at the Hilton next door went off the same night which made for a nice touch. The food was great everyone enjoyed it, very flavourful . Mary had arranged for a cake to be made, red velvet with fresh flowers on it, it turned out better than I had anticipated and was presented beautifully. Our waiter wasn't overly friendly, but the others helping him made up for it, they always had a smile which he never did. Take away the waiter and my son and his new wife's wedding dinner was amazing. Special thanks again to Mary for being so helpful and arranging a perfect cake, it was delicious.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

USA
“Good Service, Amazing View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a large party here and the service was excellent! The waiters were very attentive to our every need and the dinner moved along quickly, without being felt like we were rushed. Some food was okay, and the other dishes were great.

Visited October 2013
Honolulu
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I can only comment on the view and the attitude of the management as we never could get something to eat. We generally ate early during our stay in Waikiki as we wanted to stay near central time to lessen the shock when we returned home. So we were eating dinner mid-afternoon. My wife thought it would be nice to try this restaurant for dessert well after our usual dinner time. She called to make a reservation and specified that it would be for dessert only. They gave us a 7:30 PM reservation saying that there were generally fewer people dining at that time. After checking with someone, they specified that unless the restaurant was really crowded that it would be fine to only order dessert. Upon our arrival at the restaurant, my wife again told the maître d’ that we were there for dessert only. He found our reservation and in a few minutes we were led to a table. A third time my wife told the waitress that we were only there for dessert. We had our water glasses filled and were given dessert menus. A minute or two later a man came over and told us that we would have to sit at a table close to the bar (even though there was not an abundance of customers). I explained that my wife had called and specifically asked about coming for dessert and they had said okay. Well, my explanation accomplished nothing as obviously the management of this restaurant feels that the customers are there to serve them and that we should feel privileged to even be allowed through the door. There appears to be little communication going on, and they don’t seem to mind embarrassing the customers by asking them to move once seated. I got up, told him to look for my review on Trip Advisor and left.

The view is great!

Visited October 2013
Medina, Ohio
“Mahalo...A higher score if they hadn't forgotten the coffee at the end”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wonderful place to watch the sunset and have a great meal (Tuesday & Friday night fireworks- Hilton Laua dance are thrown in after dark). The appetizers-The Crudo (ahi with onions and seasoned beautifully/pounded scallops that were to die for/avacodo) was so good I wish I could have it everyday. The Osso Buco potstickers and Vongole were both very good with the clams being slightly better. The Calamari was plentiful and good (not exceptional). The wine selection was passable with the super Tuscan "modus", by the glass, as a standout. Main course-Grilled Ahi with Shiitake Mushroom-Asparagus Risotto was very good. Osso Buco with Saffron Risotto & Citrus Gremolata (personally not sure about the Gremolata; but a chef's taste wins) was excellent. Fernado's (hope that is the right name) homemade desserts were stunningly good. The cheesecake was the star, with Mascarpone mixed in making it so light and creamy. The sorbet's were OK. If only our specialty coffees had been served, the final score would have been a 41/2. Other than the coffee, the service was excellent. We never rush our meals so the service staff not hovering was fine. This place is a keeper for us.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Natick, Massachusetts
“Nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was ok for a fast meal. Needs updating. The service was pretty slow. This place just didn't seem like it was a hotspot.

Visited September 2013