“A Little Dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar

Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
2552 Kalakaua Avenue, Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
808-931-6286
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Ohua & Paoakalani
Description: Serving its award-winning Asian-Pacific cuisine that has become a local favorite, our seaside eatery is famous for preparing mouth-watering seafood dinners for our welcomed guests.
“A Little Dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We dined at the restaurant last night. When we booked the table 3 days prior, we requested that a high chair be made available for my 15 month old. When we arrived they didn't have one. I had to settle for a booster seat which I wasn't happy with as I had to hold him half of the night because he kept slipping off of the booster. The drinks didn't come out until after our entree's came. They forgot a drink for my son, it came 15 minutes after I requested it for a second time. They forgot his dessert all together. Didn't offer me another drink. Food was delicious but service was far below par. I have received better service at fast food restaurants. We also had to wait 15 minutes for our credit card to be collected so we could pay the check. NOT family friendly.

Waikoloa
“Rude, arrogant hostess, amateur waitress and poor value - wouldn't go back even if meal was free”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant does not honour their reservations, arrived at 7.15 pm for a 7.15 pm booking, only seated at 7.50.
Hostess is rude and incompetent, she was rude to me and other customers in front of me. Apologized to me after our meal, which was good of her.
Starters did not arrive together.
Took more than ten minutes to be acknowledged by waitress after finally being seated.
Wine not topped up once by staff.
Ruth's Chris steak prices, third world service and Wendy's atmosphere.
Appears restaurant survives because of one time holiday - makers.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Clarke is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our sushi chef Clarke was amazing - we sat at the sushi bar so he would just make it right there - so fresh and unique dishes - I've been to lots of sushi and this is the best

“Delicious sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Having enjoyed meals at both Maui locations we gave this a try. Nice location overlooking Waikiki Beach. The food was excellent again with the salmon skin rolls outstanding. The only downside was that the edamame we ordered was served cold.

New York City, New York
“A native tipped me off to its excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I thought that because Sansei is located within the Courtyard by Marriott on Waikiki Beach that it would be middling fare, bland to feed the masses.

But it was elegant and tasteful. I sat at the Sushi Bar and Eric was the sushi chef assigned to me. On my own I ordered the Lobster & Crab Ravioli in Truffle Cream sauce as an appetizer and it lived up to expectations. Eric guided me to try the Ootoro Nigiri daily special, then I ordered Unagi and a Sunset Flower roll. They really were too attractive to eat but, oh well....Accompanying I tried Ivy's Flight Picks of 3 white wine.