“9 out of 10 dishes were excellent quality, but loose a point for being wark instead of hot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legend Seafood Restaurant

Legend Seafood Restaurant
100 N Beretania St Ste 108, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96817 (Downtown Honolulu)
(808) 532-1868
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Plano, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

In my visit to Hawaii, and researching the top dim sum spots, it seemed 3 stood out: Legend seafood, Royal Garden, and the newer Jade Dynasty.

I only had time to try Legend and Jade Dynasty.

Legend was surprisingly excellent quality all around (9 out of 10 dishes).
The only one that was just "good", but not outstanding was the fried battered taro/pork dumplings.

I've tried dimsum all over the world, and Legend really stands with the best - rivals Vancouver and even Hong Kong it self.
Items like the chicken feet, steamed ribs, and pork fun rolls were absolutely top notch.
Even the sui mai- I'm not a big fan of tough solid sui mai, and I think the best I've had was actually at Yank SIng in San Fransisco. But Jade was probably the only place that could compete with Yank Sing on this particular dish.

... - but with 1 exception that gives it only 4 instead of 5 stars: most of the food (served on carts) was only warm, or even just room temperature, and not hot.
So on one hand, it shows how good the quality is - that room temperature dim sum can still be so impressive, but on the other hand - IF ONLY IT WAS HOT! wow...

Compared to the Jade Dynasty, Legend is definitely in a category by itself, as I found Jade only average to slightly above average.
In comparison of same dishes, Legend beat jade in 9 out of 10 dishes.
THe only dish Jade won on was the fried battered taro/pork dumplings mentioned above, which I have to admit, was rally good at Jade. Too bad that was the ONLY good dish there!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Where locals go for dim sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

For the best dim sum, go where the Chinese go. And many of the Chinese go to Legend. It's off the beaten path in Chinatown but if you're in the area (cheap leis available in the nearby flower shops), the Legend is the place to go for dim sum.

Prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly. It's a white tablecloth kinda place, so not a hole in the wall. Comfortable, clean, but not pretentious. The place is always busy but the lines move pretty fast. We were in a large group of 8 and they took care of us. My daughter has allergies and the manager came and tried to find foods that she could have. Even gave her a dish on the house just so she could try something.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Washington
“Amazing dim sum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I loved going here and did just about every Sunday.

I lived rather close on 215 north king st. I would walk here with friends just about every Sunday morning for
Dim sum.

I got to know the owners and they are fantastic people. They are lovely Chinese people and have made a legendary breakfast dim sum spot!

I truly miss coming here

South Jordan, Utah
“Best Dim Sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We spent a week in Ko'olina, about 45 minutes from Chinatown in Honolulu. We ventured into Legend's Seafood restaurant. I cannot say enough about the Dim Sum here. Excellent! They bring the dim sum around on carts so you can pick and choose by sight. (For those of you that do not speak Chinese, I would recommend this place for this very reason). All of the servers were very friendly, but spoke limited English. We went on a week day and were disappointed that they did not offer "Jook" or porridge on the week days, but only on the weekends. I have read that this place has fantastic Jook, so yes, we were disappointed. We got there right when they opened, and they filled up fast. So, I recommend you go early. A little pricey by Dim Sum standards, I am sure you can find it cheaper in Chinatown, but I would still recommend this place. Parking is slim in Chinatown. There is a parking plaza right by the restaurant with several floors of parking. Legend will validate your parking pass.

Visited January 2014
Honolulu
“Wu Tang Phoenix Talons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Nice Dim Sum experience. I like some individual dishes better from Fook Lam, Tai Pan or some of the other places around here but this place offers the most consistent experience. Plus it's clean. When I have friends who come into town and want to eat dim sum, Legend is awesome.

• Visited September 2013