“Best Restaurant in Honolulu” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alan Wong's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,789 Restaurants in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian fusion, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Punahou Street and McCully Street
Description: Consistently voted as one of Hawaii's best restaurants, James Beard award-winning Chef Alan Wong uses the freshest locally grown produce and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean to create local favorites with a contemporary twist. Inspired by the unique ethnic influences found in Hawaii today, his menu reflects Hawaii's cultural diversity of its people, traditions, and lifestyles. "Taste Hawaii."
Marina del Rey, California
“Best Restaurant in Honolulu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

A friend of mine and I spent New Years in Waikiki, and made a point of eating at as many top restaurants in the city as we could. Easily the best of the bunch was Alan Wong.

There are a lot of fantastic places to eat around Waikiki, but Alan Wong is uniquely Hawaiian. From the gracious service, to the food which is based on local ingredients, this is a restaurant that couldn't simply be reproduced in New York -- it is a destination unto itself. Anyone who is looking to eat at the best of the best in Hawaii has to make a reservation here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
BEIJING
“Very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I and my wife selected this restaurant for celebating my wife's birthday based on TA reviews.

Need taxi if you are first time visitors as not near the beach area, and the entrance is not very easy to find.

Very good business, need reservation and a few minutes for clearing the table.

Staff very helpful and attentive.

Environment is a bit noisy due to full of customers, table next to table.

Dishes is ok but due to I was sick at that time, I hardly taste anything.

A little pricy compared with the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sydney, australia
“YUMMO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was my husband and my first visit to this restaurant. After reading several reviews before visiting Honolulu I was really quite excited. Well we were not disappointed!! The food was fantastic, the atmosphere and staff were amazing, will definitely be going back. Highly recommend to any of my family or friends visiting Honolulu

Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Dined here for a friend's birthday and neither the service or food was what one would expect of a restaurant which is supposed to be of this caliber. The Chopped Ahi Sashimi & Avocado Salsa Stack Appetizer was delicious. However, the Seafood Cakes were tasteless and very fishy. Several of us ordered steaks and had a discussion with the waiter on the preparation - what constituted med rare, rare and blue rare. None of the three steaks came out as ordered - my was way overdone and all of them were very fatty. A couple of the other party's entrees were fine, but when the waiter came out and asked how everything was and two of us said nothing and were very quiet, (and we said nothing because the service had been VERY slow and we didn't want to make a big issue of the overdone, fatty meat) and I would have thought that would have been a signal to the waiter to ask (as a couple of the other people in our party said the meal was fine), but he questioned nothing. Further, when two of the three of us left almost the ENTIRE steak on our plate, I would have thought the waiter would have asked if something was wrong (which it was - it was lousy) - he did not.
I was not the one paying for the dinner, or I would have complained. However, based on this experience, which should have been a very special birthday celebration, I would not return to this restaurant.

Visited November 2013
“Great NYE prix fixe meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I hadn't made a reservation for New Year's Eve dinner in Honolulu and read the review for this place and decided to give it a try. We sat down to a prix fixe menu and immediately were impressed. The food options were great and delicious. I would absolutely go back there again to try out their regular menu.