“So excellent we went twice!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,946 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Lakeville, Minnesota
“So excellent we went twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I know that Duke's is very "touristy" but my wife and I were treated very well and served very well at Duke's. The scenery of Waikiki and the ocean surf are difficult to beat. I know that they're always busy and that can be frustrating, but we ate so excellent chicken, steak & fish dishes during our two stops at the restaurant. The dessert we were served was terrific! I recommend eating before 5pm to get prime spots in the restaurant, but you can call several days in advance to get seating during the prime hours.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food & service on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We came to Oahu with a large group and many people from our group raved about their Duke's dining experiences and came back 2 and 3 times in the week we were in Waikiki. Because I tend to prefer experiencing a new place through their local cuisine I stayed away initially but ended up going with a few others on our last day since it is not a national chain and I am glad I did. I had the Hawaiian pizza at the recommendation of others and was delighted with it. It was on a thin crisp crust with a sweet pineapple sauce, pulled pork, red onions, pineapple and cilantro. I noticed that they had a mango BBQ sauce on something else and asked for a side of that to go with it - it was delicious! Others with me had the Calimari with guava cocktail sauce and a humus plate both of which was their second time getting because they loved it so much! We had excellent service and in fact because we were overlooked with seating initially the general manager brought us 2 complimentary Hula Pie's. The Hula Pie was huge with an oreo crust and macadamia nut ice cream with chocolate on it. Yum! I thought prices were all very comparable to other casual sit down restaurants on the mainland and I enjoyed the way that they infused local flavors into their food & sauces. Definitely popular with the tourists - and for a very good reason!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Powell River
“Incosiderate!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I visited Duke's in Honolulu last month. We arrived there at 10:20 am. We asked the front desk whether we were late for the breakfast buffet or whether we should wait for the lunch buffet; we told them that we were willing to wait anyways. We were told that the breakfast buffet was available until 11:00 o'clock. We said, "Well, we still have approximately another 15 minutes to make a plate from the buffet. Should we go in for breakfast?" They said "Yes!" They took us to a table, and we wanted to get up and go to the buffet. We were told that we could not go to help ourselves until our waiter came to see us first. By the time our waiter showed up to give us the ok to go to the buffet, the other staff had started to remove the covers from the food trays. We put some food on our plates and we went back to our table. Now, it was approximately 11:00 o'clock. We started eating, and our waiter started taking things away from out table. He explained that the time is up and that he would need the table for those who would come to have lunch after 11:00 o'clock. By the way, there were many empty tables around us. Well, we had just started eating, and we said that we will need a little more time to finish our food. He told us
that he would allow us to stay until 11:15. We ate as quickly as we could. We did not have time to finish off our cup of coffee. Eating so fast, gave us a terrible indigestion (we are seniors) that lasted for a few hours. We were very disappointed!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waianae, Hawaii
“Iconic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A wonderful beautiful location for years and years. Many great meals and memories here over the years. Fair priced chardonnays and appetizers. Very consistant service and meals. The ultimate Hawaiian experience.

Visited May 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Shameless tourist joint”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very busy, no seats, couldn't care less attitude from staff, no help at all. It was busy - we're making money, why bother about two more?

Visited June 2014