“Great location and view” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 1,946 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
“Great location and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Located in Outrigger hotel in Waikiki.
But price is under $20 for breakfast.
Great location and view and can feel fancy Hotel mood.
Food is normal and limited vegetable and fruit.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Olympia, WA
“A Perfect Way to Dine in Waikiki: Delectable Food & Perfect Mai Tais in Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family of 5 ate lunch at Duke's after hiking Diamond Head. It was a last minute decision; I called at 9:30 AM and made reservations for 11:30 AM the same day. It was a Sunday, and they were still able to fit us in. I requested a table near the beach and was told they will do their best to accommodate, but there are no guarantees.

On Saturdays and Sunday's Ohana East Hotel offers free self-validated 3-hour parking w/ a purchase at Duke's. The Outrigger Waikiki (where Duke's is located) has valet parking, and we opted to park there. We wanted to shop and explore a bit and planned on being there longer than 3 hours.

We arrived about 10 minutes early, and were able to look at all the memorabilia and artifacts involving Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the "Father of International Surfing." I recommend you do the same. That guy accomplished about as much as Jesus did, it would appear.

Our table had an incredible view of the beach and pool. Our waiter, Sky, was fantastic, and really helpful with advice on food choices. And as busy as he was that day, he took care of us, making sure we had everything we need.

Our girls shared the Hawaiian pizza (11.95), 4 thumbs up from them (and 2 from me because I snuck a bite.) Our son ordered the Cajun grilled chicken sandwich (11.95) and although it was too spicy for his taste, it was mouthwatering to the adults. My husband ordered the lunch buffet 15.95) and I don't think I'd seen him that satisfied since his luau meal at Chief's Luau. He LOVED it. I ordered fish tacos (13.95), and they were absolutely scrumptious.

Lunch was long and leisurely. It's people-watching at it's finest, and the atmosphere is a constant reminder that: You are on vacation-relax!!

After paying the bill, we walked out to the beach, took a left and headed toward the statue of Duke for some photos.

I hope you get a chance to enjoy the aloha spirit that Duke's just seems to ooze. The only regret I have is that we were too full to try the famous Hula Pie!

Cary, North Carolina
“Great view and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first night on the island and after walking around, we decided to check Duke's out. The wait for the main restaurant was pretty long, but someone told us about the Barefoot Bar and after a brief wait he was able to find us a table right on the railing overlooking the beach with a great view of the sun setting.

I had the fish tacos and they were outstanding. Priced reasonably for the area and good portions. My wife had the veggie burger and really enjoyed that too.

The view is what I'll remember most. Beautiful setting watching the people on the beach, the boats and the sunset. Great photo opportunity any time of the day. It's worth it to wait for a railing seat if you have time. We got lucky with the person who helped us find our table very quickly.

Estevan, Canada
“Very busy, but very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Arrived there without reservation at around 630 pm, they had no problem with that and it was about a 10 min or less wait, we were seated with a ocean view ( didn't even request it) considering how busy it was we must have been lucky! They have a all you can eat salad bar which was very good, having tons of selection even for the pickiest eater I would assume. My wife ordered hula chicken which is very similar to teriyaki chicken, I tried it and it was very flavourful. I ordered the seafood pasta which had shrimp, calamari, scallops and octopus I believe in it, it had tons of flavour and was so good. So even tho it is a very busy place, don,t be scared to try it out even without a reservation, maybe just go a little early! It really is a neat place with great views!

Visited June 2013
Gilmer, Texas
“You better get reservation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went there for dinner one night and found out we would have to wait 1.5 hours for a table since we did not have a reservation. We were able to sit at an outside table within about 45 minutes but they do not serve the full menu, only sandwiches and salads. The outside table did have a great view of Waikiki Beach and lit tiki torches.

Visited June 2013