“Excellent Malasadas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leonard's Bakery

Leonard's Bakery
933 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816-1434 (Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis)
808-737-5591
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,987 Restaurants in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bakeries
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent Malasadas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Our family visited this bakery after dinner one night for dessert after a local waiter told us not to miss it--absolutely no line (I'm sure it's packed at breakfast)...We ordered a dozen "plain" malasadas which were fantastic! We didn't realize how BIG they'd be so we saved half the box for breakfast (note: they don't keep all that well in a hotel room, definitely better fresh).
Fairly close to Diamond Head, it's probably a good stop before or after that hike.

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Melville, New York
“Excellent bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This bakery makes donuts to order. When you receive your order, the donuts are steaming hot and taste is excellent. There are usually lines so be prepared to wait but it's worth it. Parking is not the greatest but again it's worth the effort.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“1st stop off the airplane”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend who lives in Honolulu took me directly to Leonard's after she picked me up from the airport. It was on my list to visit anyway, but apparently she loves the place so there was no doubt we'd stop there. I had the regular malasada as well as having a custard filled malasada. They were both delicious and they are truly amazing while they are still warm. Apparently, the trio behind us in line were there for the same purpose and they were pleased with theirs as well. I wish I would have bought some of their other treats that evening but I didn't and we didn't have much time to during my visit to go back. I sure wish I had though. Its definitely worth stopping to get yourself a few malasadas. I couldn't believe how big they were.... 2 is more than filling.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Nice but not great as the reviews may say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were desperate to try these after reading the reviews and were so excited when we found Leonard's truck just opposite the premium outlet centre. They are approximately $1 for the plain ones and $1.25 for the filled ones.
We ordered cinnamon, sugar, custard and coconut and they were fresh and hot.
I would say they were ok but not mind blowing as we were led to believe. They are heavy on the dough and to be honest the filling is somewhat tasteless. People do love them as the reviews would testify and also the queue was long and people were buying box fills at a time, but just in my opinion I would not go out of my way to get them but if you are in the area then any things worth a try once I suppose.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Jetjoc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Fun place ! Hot Malasadas Custard was our favorite ! Give em a try !! Eat em while there Hot ! ...........................