“Always Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu
500 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 6C, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96813-4900 (Downtown Honolulu)
808-599-3860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,832 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Cross street: South Street
Transit: Directly across the street from the Waterfront Plaza/Restaurant Row complex.
Concord, Massachusetts
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We celebrated our 16th anniversary here. Ruth's Chris is always good and this time was no different. The veal ravioli appetizer was exquisite as was the escargot. As usual the steaks were done perfectly and even the keiki steaks were eaten. I especially enjoyed the carmeized banana cream tort for dessert. The service was good but not great considering that we were a party of 11 but it didn't detract.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Middle Island, New York
“25th Anniversary delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Ruth's Chris. The food was delicious....best steak ever had...but the staff made it even more memorable.....They knew it was our celebration, and at our private booth they added rose petals and a glass of sparkling wine for the two of us. Nice touch!
Enjoy the sunset specials for fabulous food at a more reasonable price.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pomona, California
“Last minute assistance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had just heard of some final details for a friend’s wedding and she indicated the wedding dinner would be held at their favorite restaurant, Ruth’s Chris. But, the restaurant does not supply cakes for special occasions and they were planning to utilize the usual desert menu. I then proceeded to contact the manager, Don Asam, at the restaurant. Since I live in California, I asked if he could help me coordinate a wedding cake for them for that coming Saturday. Don was most accommodating and on his day off helped to locate a Bakery who would be able to do the cake within the week. He called me back with their name and phone number and I took it from there.

I was able to confirm the details and placed the order for the cake with the bakery and arranged for delivery that Saturday. I let Don know of the final arrangements and also coordinated with him a special table for the cake, as well as champagne and toasting glasses, for the Bride and Groom.

They and their guests were surprised and impressed to have such a lovely display waiting for them when they arrived.

I can’t thank Don and all the fine people working at Ruth’s Chris for all their help in making it all possible.
E_Brett

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Comparison between Ruth's Chris and Morton's Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Due to the proximity of a birthday and an anniversary, I had the chance to visit both Ruth's Chris and Mortons only a few days apart. My boyfriend and I ordered exactly the same thing at both restaurants, including the same two sides and the same bottle of wine.

Overall, I would recommend Ruth's Chris over Mortons.

Steak Quality: Ruth's Chris (A+), Mortons (B+)

The steak at Ruth's Chris was amazing. At Morton, my boyfriends steak was smaller than mine (we ordered the same boneless ribeye), a little burned on the outside and slightly overcooked.

Food Sides Quality: Ruth's Chris serves large sides that are easily split between two people. The cost of the sides at both restaurants is the same ($13/each). At Mortons, the mashed potatoes side was too small even for one person.

Service and Accommodations: Both restaurants give you a free dessert on special occasions (have to call in advance) and great service.

Final Price: Ruth's Chris was $207(that includes two ribeye steaks, three sides and a bottle of wine + tip)

Mortons was $250 (that includes two ribeye steaks, two sides, a bottle of wine and one mixed drink + tip).

Overall: I would recommend Ruth's Chris.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland, New Zealand
“Pricy, steak great, fries burnt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The service was ok, steak perfect, matchstick fries burnt, breads lovely, desserts great. View from the balcony lovely so we could sit and people watch.
Felt $50 for a steak PLUS extra for fries, sides etc as rather pricey.

• Visited May 2014