“Great ice cream with Hawaiian flavors” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #788 of 1,940 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Helena, Montana
“Great ice cream with Hawaiian flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Located in our hotel (Queen Kapiolani), this tiny joint offers a small selection of excellent ice cream flavors, some of which have Hawaiian themes. We went twice. My son had mango once, and then passion fruit. I had Kona mudslide (chocolate and coffee) and then just plain chocolates. On our first visit, we got a 10 percent discount for being hotel guests. Portions are good, and the price is reasonable, for Waikiki.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Best Spot in Waikiki!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had not heard of this place prior to arriving on vacation but we are glad we stumbled upon it. We went to the zoo for the day and this place is tucked inside the Queen Kapiolani Hotel right across from the zoo. They offer awesome local coffee, chocolate, ice cream, killer waffles and even chocolate classes! We would not go back to Waikiki without planning a trip to Kokoa Bar again it made our trip. Definitely recommend this hot spot!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Took a chocolate making course”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The chocolate here has a really rich, horrible taste to it. I took an overpriced chocolate making course and the chocolate tasted so bad that I threw it away when I got home. It was mildly interesting to learn more about chocolate, but not worth the price I paid.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“What a Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had to try out the ice cream. It's pricey ($4.00 for 2 small scoops), but worth it. Great selection of flavors, homemade on Maui. The coffee drinks were also fabulous.

Visited November 2013
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stopped at the Kokoa Bar during our stay at the Queen Kapiolani hotel. Yum!!! It was so good that we went back during our stay. We tried the Mud pie, Passion, Pineapple, Coconut and Tahitian Vanilla flavors. I liked that I could order a small or medium and then ask to have 3 flavors scooped into my cup.

We were told that the ice cream is made by a local man in Maui. It was some of the best ice cream that I've ever had.

• Visited November 2013