“Nice small hotel located in a very good location” 4 of 5 stars

Vive Hotel Waikiki
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2426 Kuhio Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815   |
Ranked #11 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Taipei, Taiwan
“Nice small hotel located in a very good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We just back from Hawaii yesterday, we stayed in Vive Hotel Waikiki for 5 nights for celebrating our anniversary. Hotel was very sweet to give us a congratulation note and a box of chocolate, also upgraded our room from city view to ocean view. The hotel and the room are new and clean.

The location is great. 3-5 minutes walk from beach, lots restaurants nearby, and a bus stop in front of the hotel. Friendly staff made our stay quite enjoyable.

Special thanks to Mr. Daniel who arranged a late check out (1pm) and a 1 hr free use of room for showering before we left for airport.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 8 nights and never regretted our choice. Cleanliness is the most important factor I will look out for a hotel room and VIVE hotel never let me down. The room is small but good enough for couple like us (The bed is a Queen-sized bed). For family with kids, you may need a bigger room than this. This is a relatively new hotel in Waikiki. The lobby is big and grand as compared to other hotels in the area. The concerige George gave good ideas as to where we should go since our trip is a last minute one. Not much research done on our own.

The famous Waikiki beach is only 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Somemore, hotel guests can borrow their beach chairs and towels for free. Just remember to return when you are back!

Some suggestions:
1) can have floats for guests too as I realise some hotels do provide that too.
2) Beside cold breakfast, some toasts or cereals can be added to the spread. Eating 9 days of cold bread really scare me off.
3) an option for King sized bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Exceptional friendly and very helpful staff which was what made our stay so pleasant. It's very clean and comfortable. Located two blocks from the beach. Only complaint I have is that if you're a light sleeper it's noisy. There's a lot of traffic going by the hotel as Kuhio Ave is a major thoroughfare with buses going by every 5-10minutes. But that's beyond the control of the hotel the other noise that kept me up all night on the first night was the air conditioning which makes a loud humming noise. I had to turned it off in order to sleep. Otherwise it's all good!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Staff exceptionally friendly & helpful. We stayed in king suite - huge room & bathroom. Free wifi & continental breakfast great value. The hotel is 2 blocks from the beach, cross over Kuhio & you can see the water.
Also close to shops in particular Ross in Seaside, best value shopping in Waikiki!

Room Tip: Twin-twin room very small nowhere to put luggage but a good option if you are travelling light
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ashburton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice new hotel, with staff that care. Felt like we were special to the hotel, always welcomed back, and any requests for advice, bookings were rapidly attended to. The most pleasurable, was the use of a complimentary suite, to freshen up prior to our late night flight. The Taxi was waiting, loaded with our luggage, at the requested time. Only downside, was the noisy air-conditioning (not just this hotel though). Handy to the beach and towels provided. Recommend for a relaxing, pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and go for a junior suite with ocean views, plenty of space, and a pretty good view...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Staying at VIVE right now as I right this. My husband and I have a few more days stay here but it has been absoloutly wonderful so much so that we don't want to leave. The hotel is is in a great location, right along the bus routes and Waikiki beach is just about a 2 minute walk. There are many restaurants in the area and for those of you who need a car rental Enterprise and Alamo are literally around the corner. There are many ABC stores in the area if you need to pick up the odd item. Inside the hotel, the staff go out of their way to please. Every morning the front desk will greet you with a friendly Aloha and welcome you back after your day out, George and Jacqueline at the concierge desk were tremendously helpful in organizing all of our excurcisons, car rentals and shuttles to the airport. The hotel has a nice breakfast spread which we were very pleased with each morning and was included as part of our stay here. All the rooms are suited with free Internet and free local calls. Having said we definitely would stay here again, it has been heaven on earth so far. It's just a shame we have to leave this place. Definitely a must stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel S, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Nicole155019,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Vive hotel for your travels. I am ecstatic to read about your positive experience that you had here.
Our location is definitely a plus as we are located right in the heart of Waikiki and being just a short walk away from the famous Waikiki Beach, where the beautiful water glistens and shines. I am also greatly thrilled that George and Jacqueline were helpful; we here at Vive feel that It is our staff that is the true cream of the crop.
Thank you again. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Take care.

Kind regards,
D. Sakakibara
Kahului, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Saw it on groupon for almost $100 off/nt so I jumped at it needing a place to stay QUICK! (Talk about perfect timing) What got me was "new hotel". Well turns out it's just a new name for a building thats been recently renovated. It's located right next to Hy's, a fine dining steakhouse.
Across the street there was some kinda little bbq restaurant with outside seating. Didn't bother going there.
When you drive into the hotel, valet is on the second floor. Front desk is in the lobby.
The room I had was really small. There was a little closet to my right as i entered the carded entry to my room. It contained a luggage rack, hangers, iron, mini digital safe, and ironing board. The mini fridge could barely fit my four water bottles and perrier, but I did get a slightly larger than reg sized bottle for all of them. None could fit on the door and I couldn't understand why it had a bar going across to brace...? It has a flat screen tv (40"?), WIFI, 2 chairs, queen bed and a nightstand on each side with 2 lamps.
The ac was a 7800 btu, but it did the job for the small room. They also had blackout curtains. I didn't know where to put my boxers and stuff, but later realized there were drawers under the foot of the bed... duh!
The bathroom had a sliding door with no lock. It doesn't have much storage space for the ladies that carry tons of makeup and whatever else they use so if you are looking for counter space, forget it. Even the sink has about a 2 1/2" rim, but what blew me was the depth of the sink. It was only 2" deep! Man, I had to watch where my boogers flew because they would bounce right back up! Lol... I used to watch my aunts fill the sink with water to wash their faces so I felt I had to mention that as well. There's a tiny black bag on the bottom of the sink with a blow dryer inside. It has a full size tub and the water runs well with plenty of hot water. They supply shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, and bar soap. They serve free breakfast from 7am to 930am? Coffee, decaf, water, pineapple juice, tea bags, muffins, pastry, crossaint, strawberry and grape jelly, melon, pineapple, and cantelop.
To the left as you exit the hotel, there's mac 24/7 that's open 24hrs serving a wide variety with local foods. It's a couple minutes walk on the same side. To the right there's Chili's about a 5 minute walk and a few other restaurants around there. Fattys is a great "hole in the wall" place for chinese. No dim sum though. It only has about 10 counter seating so just wait on the chairs outside or make takeout at the other door. Hula dog serves interesting puka ("hole" in Hawaiian) hot dogs with Hawaiian relishes. If you like udon then marukame udon makes their udon and everything that goes in it from scratch. Expect to stand in a long line! Dukes is nearby which is an open restaurant on the beach. Good place to chill and watch the sunset with some good food.
There are several open markets around and the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center which is the biggest shopping center in waikiki. Great restaurants and name brand department stores. Man, so many things to explain that I need to end it right here. To sum it up, bad for barbie doll and good for ken. Walking distance to everything and couple blocks from beach. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013
Daniel S, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Francis C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about your recent stay with us at Vive Hotel Waikiki. It is with reviews such as yours that we can address concerns and further enhance our property to better suit our guests needs.
As you mentioned in your review, our standard cosmopolitan rooms are on the cozier side with space being utilized very efficiently and amenities being well appointed. The platform beds feature drawers underneath for space efficiency and I’m glad you used them. It is with great pleasure to read that you utilized the complimentary continental breakfast as most hotels include a nominal fee for such a service, the complimentary WIFI, and our premier location which is just steps away from Waikiki Beach and world class shopping along with dining options. Along with all this, I'm thrilled you were able to take advantage of the Groupon promotion.
All in all, I hope you enjoyed Waikiki and what the beautiful island of Oahu has to offer. Again I appreciate that you chose Vive Hotel Waikiki and we hope to see you again in the future. Aloha.

Kind regards,
-D. Sakakibara

Been to Vive Hotel Waikiki? Share your experiences!