“Colorful and Unique” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Wasington
“Colorful and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Vive hotel should pride themselves on the decorating and color scheme they provide throughout the building. This is not a boring drab hotel like many others you will find. The welcoming staff and atmosphere made for a smooth check in and a wonderful stay. The BEST part about the hotel is the massive shower!!! Biggest and best i have ever used. The bed was comfortable and the room was perfect. Would stay here again for sure. Adam the valet guy and Jacque the concierge made my stay even better with their outstanding service! Thanks everybody!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Milpitas, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am giving this hotel 2 stars because it is a nice price for the location (3 blocks from the beach, close to main attractions), the rooms are nice, modern and clean (small but nice), there's a complimentary (small) breakfast every morning, you can use their beach equipment and lastly the staff are friendly (excluding one very uninterested staff!)

I stayed at Vive August 8-12, and this stay was during my 25th bday weekend. My stay was pleasant up until I was trapped in their elevator for 1 hour. I am a pretty grounded person so I remained calm and did what I was suppose to do (luckily I had my cell phone with me, and it was 1 other person in the elevator). I didn't become bothered until 15 minutes into being stuck, I finally was able to reach front desk staff by phone. Well, they were very nonchalant about the entire thing! After 30 minutes of no check in or reassurance from them, myself and the other guy decided to call 911. We'd had enough.

Once the ambulance gets there, we were out in no time. We had been in there 1 hour total.

We realize that this can happen anywhere (things happen), but it was the nonchalant, uninterested, lazy apology that bothered. After all, I was stuck for an hour on Sunday morning. This caused a huge inconvenience as my husband and I were late to worship, not to mention it was terrifying and unsettling! I was sort of scared to get back on the elevators after, but my room was on the 18th floor.

Apparently being trapped in their elevators were "no big deal" because the staff never approached us after the incident, management did not personally apologize and you'd think they'd have the decency to check on me and the other guy. The apology was a sorry note and a bag of "Honolulu cookies" on my bed after my return back that evening. I can't say that I appreciated the gesture because it was very impersonal and little effort.

It would have been nice to receive a REAL apology, a reassurance that issues as such do not normally happen at their establishment and the proper way to apologize would have been to offer something a bit more extravagant than cookies! A complimentary night stay, a discounted stay, dinner on Vive, a free excursion, massage gift cert.
Am I being ridiculous? I just didn't FEEL the apology.

Unfortunately because of this incident, I will not be staying again nor recommending Vive as a hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff were excellent especially the tour advisers; kristan & george and the front desk officers! They used their initiatives to make our stay extremely comfortable and value for the money spent. They often bent a bit without breaking the rules. That is customer service!!

• Stayed August 2013
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely new boutique hotel located 2 blocks from Waikiki beach. It's walking distance to all the good eats, shops, international marketplace, beach.

Rooms are on the smaller side, but I hear that's norm in Waikiki, the free bfast is simple: 2 choices of fruits, some sweet breads, juice, coffee/tea,

Valet parking is $25/night with in/out, there is a public parking garage across the street for $20/night but no in and out priv. We preferred parking at the hotel anyway, the staff always available to get your car and super friendly.

Rooms super clean, great bath & body works soaps, shampoos & lotions. Great experience overall, would recommend & stay again if back in Waikiki.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had a great stay at Vive. Everything is brand new and tastefully designed. Lots of amenities like free internet, free breakfast, free beach towels and chair hire. Only down side is no pool / outdoor area but you're so close to the beach that it shouldn't really matter. Also right next to the bus stop. I'd highly recommend this hotel, staff were very pleasant as well - very good value!

Room Tip: The higher the better, Waikiki is a very noisy place!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We spent a night at the Vive on our way back from Kauai. This hotel is a couple of blocks up from the beach which was great to be away from the craziness. The staff were amazing, the room was perfect and our entire experience was stellar! We will definitely stay at this hotel when we fly through Honolulu again.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Junior Suite Ocean View - room is standard hotel room, no lanai /balcony, ocean view if you are standing at the window, no tea/coffee facilities in room if we want hot water we need to go to the lobby from 20th floor, no ice bucket, air con is 2 window units in overdrive. We are booked here for a week!

When I asked about a balcony I was shrugged off, so I am not sure if there are any rooms with a balcony.

Advertising was somewhat misleading!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vive Hotel Waikiki? Share your experiences!