I am not a fan of lobby bars as I've traveled to a variety of different places and it's never an interesting place. However, a good friend of mine introduced me to The Study.. I believe that's the name anyways.. It's officially the lobby bar at the new Modern Honolulu in Waikiki. Since my introduction, we managed to visit The Study a number of times with the same fantastic experience.. Here are a few reasons you should consider exploring this location as a potential Honolulu hotspot or start point for you night out on the town.
1. Space - Large room with tucked away seating
2. Decor - A clash or new and old with an interesting night vibe suited for the location
3. Service - Bartender (Jaime) is fantastic and will take care of you and your party
4. Additional Service - Waitresses are well dressed, athletic and approachable
5. Selection - Strong drinks, good food and no wait time
1. Location - Parking can be a problem as street parking is cheapest but limited
2. Crowd - It can get crowded as the night progresses... suggest happy hour
3. Price - You will pay a pretty penny for the service and selection.. it's worth it!
The Modern Honolulu
1775 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96815