“Great Day Exploring Oahu w/ Elliott” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 244 Tours & Activities in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
“Great Day Exploring Oahu w/ Elliott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were lucky to have found Epic Tours and book a day with Elliott who knows all the ins and outs of this amazing paradise!

Elliott's super friendly and outgoing personality instantly had us excited for a fun day exploring Oahu.

Elliott was genuinely interested in what we wanted to accomplish right from the start, tailoring our day to get the most of what we were looking for. Cliff diving, snorkeling (the best I've experienced in my life), turtle watching, so many local sights, and the best shrimp scampi made for a perfectly satisfying day!

We were initially going to rent a car and explore on our own, but having a truly kind hearted, knowledgeable, and super positive guide was no doubt a better way to make the most of our day. Elliott took great care to make sure we were comfortable and content throughout the day. His experience with the islands was our gain- and we can't recommend Epic Tours enough!

Cliff

Birmingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Brilliant tour of REAL Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had our second visit to Hawaii in June 2014. We booked the hidden waterfalls hike and some snorkelling. Booking was a breeze and involved just a few emails.

We were picked up on the morning by our tour guide Elliot. He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He will be accommodative and will explain the flora and fauna of the island as well taking you on the hikes. However if you just want to get on with the tour and take photos etc he will do this as well.

The hidden waterfalls hike was plenty of fun, however you will get your shoes muddy and your feet wet. We even had the opportunity to stand at the top of a waterfall and look down at the 200 foot drop! Elliot also gave us the chance to make detours to archaeological sites and places to take photos.

We did snorkelling on a separate day, all equipment was provided and worked well. We had up to 90 minutes to snorkel. We then stopped off at a fruit stand and a farmers market which had great coffee and shave ice.

If you want to avoid the tourist traps and see the real Hawaii that the locals experience then Epic Hawaii is perfect.

Mark and Wanda

Visited June 2014
“Epic Hawaii is the best tour guide on Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I took 2 tours with Epic Hawaii and they were both EPIC! I would recommend either a snorkel trip to waterfall hike with Epic to anyone that visits Oahu!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Not your parents tour...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I can't say enough about our private waterfalls tour with Elliot. My husband and I are young active people and were looking for a tour where we wouldn't be held back by a group or those less active. Epic Hawaii was exactly what we were looking for! I'm so glad I spent time doing extra research beyond the brochures available in the hotels for the big commercial tour companies. The other reviews on here are spot on. Within the first 5 minutes Elliot had already given us tons of recommendations on what else to do on Oahu during the rest of our stay. We visited 3 falls each of different lengths, terrain but all awesomely unique! If you're looking for a tour that's more like spending the day with a friend in the outdoors and less focused on stupid tourist facts that likely aren't true and you aren't afraid to get a little wet and muddy Epic Hawaii is where it's at! If you have the money for a private tour go for it so you can get exactly the experience you want. We had such a great time we booked a snorkeling tour for later in the week before wrapping up our day.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Want to see the "real" Hawaii??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am a local girl here on Oahu and have explored many of the island's beautiful locations. EPIC is exactly the word that I would use for the kayak tour that we went on. During our tour, we saw fish, turtles, whales spouting, and pods of wild dolphins!!!! AMAZING! Elliot knew exactly where to take us out so that we were able to swim up close and personal with them dolphins...and what to do so that we were still respectful and didn't scare them away like many of the larger tour groups do. As someone who was born and raised here, I completely support EPIC b/c it's definitely the real deal...all of the tour locations are gorgeous places that I would go to in a heartbeat. It was such an amazing tour experience that I'm recommending to even my local friends! Elliot really knows how to share the best of Hawaii while still being "pono." Mahalo!!!!!

Visited April 2014