“One of the first places I would take my friends and family” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
seattle, wa
“One of the first places I would take my friends and family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

as a tourist to Honolulu, we stopped by downtown and i was initially hesitant to come in for some noodles-assuming it was just another "noodle" joint. instead, the minute i looked at the menu, got a swirling whiff of the kitchen flavors, i knew this place was delicious. i'm really glad we ate here and if i lived in Hawaii, id come here every week.

we started out with the beet and goat cheese salad and the shrimp gyozas, wow-a! the guac puree with the gyozas was a perfect compliment and i couldn't get enough of it. the green salad that accompanied the beet salad needed more dressing and a bit of salt and our server was not shy and obliged with our request. we got way too much food cause now its ramen time. my favorite part of the ramen was the hard boiled egg with runny yolk, broth and noodle-ok pretty much all of it.

service was excellent and very friendly. comfy ambience and fun place to dine. great for a meetup with friends, a date or just solo.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very Glad We Stopped In For Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

On the advice of Trip Advisor reviews, we stopped by Lucky Belly today for lunch. We are currently on Oahu for a ten day vacation. The staff was very helpful and attentive. As others have mentioned, the lunch food menu is very short, with a total of nine items. We were able to share a noodle bowl (the staff brought extra serving bowls), the beet salad and the pork belly bao appetizer. Everything was very good and servings are interesting and colorful. We'll definitely be back on our return trips to Oahu.

Honolulu
“Great Business Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My IT guy and I went out to lunch and found Lucky Belly open. I had never been there before but my office mates heard it was pretty good. The decor is upscale. I loved that they ripped out all of the old walls that were present when the spot was occupied by Mini Garden and left the old red brick walls in place. The food was delicious. We split a wonderful appetizer: a lamb-filled lumpia w/ a delicious remulade (sp?) sauce. I had the Belly Bowl which was a generous portion of ramen in a miso broth and topped with home-cured bacon, roasted pork belly, and pork sausage. My friend had the bacon chowder and pulled pork sandwich special. The service was terrific: they were attentive and always kept our glasses filled. The atmosphere was humming but not overly crowded. I was sorry to hear that they don't serve deserts. I will definitely return in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newport Beach, California
“Best small plates Asian fusion in Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stumbled onto this place during our week long vacation, since we had a rental car, we tried to get out of waikiki and explore the food scene around the island... I was a little skeptical in the beginning since their food menu is relatively limited compare to their extensive drink menu... But what a pleasant surprise, every single dish we ordered was 'the bomb', and service was great! Highly recommend the oxtail dumplings...

We were very full at the end of our meal and spent the least amount of money on this dinner during our entire trip...

The sitting area is limited so I recommend making a reservation, you can also bring your own wine here.

It's located at a relatively schetchy part of Chinatown, and one street is bus traffic only, so for us mainlanders, it could take a while to find a good parking spot.

Also they have a take out window that open until 2am!

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great Food And Atmostphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Located right in Chinatown and a find this place is. Visited within weeks of opening and really enjoyed it. Food was delicious, especially the Oxtail Dumplings (one of their appetizers). Price is average, and overall, felt like the staff was very friendly and made me feel like a valued customer.

Will definitely go again!

• Visited November 2012