“Free bus ride to Honolulu. Can walk to walmart” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Maui Divers' Jewelry Design Center

Maui Divers' Jewelry Design Center
1520 Liona Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96814 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
808-946-7979
Ranked #57 of 98 Shopping in Honolulu
Type: Factory Tours, Specialty Shops, Shopping
Tumon, Mariana Islands
63 attraction reviews
“Free bus ride to Honolulu. Can walk to walmart”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

They were waiting for random customers when I came off the Atlantis Submarine tour. We went to the jewelry shop and watched a video. I won a jewelery case and drank some free alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. We were obligated to take a short tour of how they made the jewelry and then walk through their store. Afterwards, we were free to go back or go out into Honolulu. I walked to walmart and then rode the bus to the botanical gardens and through china town and then back to Waikiki.
Jewelry was nice and of good quality, but I did not get any. The sales pressure wasn't too bad either.

Visited January 2012

Vienna, Austria
16 attraction reviews
“Inspiring Information, yet a little but ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

the ride (it is free) was pleasant, the film about black corals etc. very interesting, the gold corals and other displays simply spectacular ...
now comes the little "but": we are not in the league to afford 800 or 900 dollars worth of jewelry, let alone more than one grand, and even 300 or 400 is "too stiff" for us.
so we did decide not to buy anything in the first showroom.
in the second we found some nice things, still outside reach.
when we bought two oysters to be opened the lady unfortunately immediately without asking us before put a whole into both and then treid to sell us stuff beyond our budget and questioned our budget even ... we eventually bought one setting for about 100 bucks altogether but left with a slightly sour ending to an otherwise unique experience.
i feel that this lady (anglo-german) might learn something from her "oriental" colleagues who do not put on a hard sell.
but: forwarned as you are now you should go there and enjoy the great information and the wonderful displays.

Visited February 2012
Mississauga, Canada
33 attraction reviews
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The free excursion was part of our West Jet package organized by Diamond Head tours. they shuttled us to the Center, gave a brief but informative tour through the factory and the jewellery shop.
The jewellery is pricy but high quality and of genuine and original design. We bought some pretty pieces that we couldn't find anywhere else in HNL

Visited January 2012
“Poor Quality!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

We bought a pick a pearl with a ring mount on our trip to Waikiki last month. Today my pearl fell out and is gone! Worthless! Not only do they try to trick you into buying more jewelry but I barely got a month out of it before it broke. So disappointing! Never, ever again!

Sasebo, Japan
6 attraction reviews
“Do not go on this "free" tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I agreed to take this free tour because I wanted to take the shuttle to the mall afterwards. I have attended these types of sales pitches before so thought I could handle it. I was the only customer in the entire building with about 50 sales people on various floors. The building is set up so you have to go through each floor and area. I made it through the 3rd floor where pearl earrings I paid $80.00 for in Hong Kong cost $290.00 in this store. They sent me to the 2nd and did the whole "find a pearl in the oyster shell" gimmick. The sales person than came in strong trying to sell me something to attach the pearl to. I don't even like pearls and how I got into this situation, I have no idea. She kept on and on trying to get me to buy something. I told her I was a school teacher and couldn't afford what they were showing me. She then told me she needed to feed her children so I must buy something. I finally bought the cheapest thing I could find and left to wait for the shuttle. The shuttle driver was the only bright spot to the whole experience. He was a very funny, honest man who I felt very comfortable with. He then took me to the mall. I was told where to pick the shuttle up to return to my hotel. I was told no later than 4:45. I went out to the pick-up point and waited from 3:55 to 4:50 and the shuttle never showed up. I tried to call but no one answers the phone on the week-ends according to the message. The recording told me to press "2" for emergencies but I only received a recording to leave a message. I want to take my purchase back today but I can only imagine what I would have to go through. This whole experience was awful. I now know why I was the only person on the bus and in the building. If this company is to stay in business, they might want to evaluate this process. I currenlty live in Japan and feel this process is set up for Japanese tourist which also upsets me. They are very kind, trusting people. They have to be warned before coming to America to be on guard and not be friendly because Americans take advantage of them. When I return to Japan, I will pass my experience on to the Japanese travel agencies H.I.S. and others to tell their customers to stay away.

Visited August 2011

Been to Maui Divers' Jewelry Design Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Maui Divers' Jewelry Design Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.