“Diving with Turtles” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AquaZone Scuba Diving Center

AquaZone Scuba Diving Center
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, 2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
+1 808-923-3483
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$150*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Zone Scuba Diving & Snorkeling is located at The Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, two blocks form the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki- offering daily wreck dives, sea turtle snorkeling & scuba adventures,daily pool sessions for beginners & rusty divers to "warm up" prior to an ocean dive & equipment rentals. Stop in for a FREE snorkel guide to find out the best snorkeling sights.
La Jolla, California
60 attraction reviews
“Diving with Turtles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my most exciting part of this trip .... diving with the Turtles. They are huge and gentle and just float and stare right back at you while smaller fish clean their shells. This was a last minute booking for me and Aquazone had a 2 tank dive leaving at 11am. They were so friendly and accomodating and Sophie was a wonderful Dive Master. She knew exactly where to take us and was so friendly and nice. I would definitely dive with her again and take this tour. The boat also takes snorkelers so next time I will bring my family for the first half of the trip, the turtle part, then they drop the snorkelers off and dive near the marina in another great place. Everyone from the store to the boat captain were great. Their wetsuits were thick enough for me, I always get cold, and practically new. I hope to get back soon.

San Carlos,Ca
“Fun in the Sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff and owner were great We checked for my PADI open water cert and couldn't find it, so my wife and I went snorkling. Had a great time got home and found my cert and now I'm ready for next time we will be back!!!!

Pusignan, France
12 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was my first time in Hawaii and also my first dive and definately the best thing I did in a long time! Christina, the teacher was awesome. Besides being funny and make everyone comfortable, she was also really serious and always available for questions. She made the dive easy and everyone understood perfectly the lesson she gave us in the pool before the dive.
Once on the boat, everyone was friendly and snacks were available. We dived twice, and both of them were a great experience. We saw this giants turtles and colorful fish, and also some baby sharks. I'll never forget this experience and will definately scuba dive again as soon as I have the opportunity! My friend and I couldn't believe how cheap it was for the awesome day we had.

One bad point: It's pretty hard to find the Aquazone store in the Marriot Resort, but we still made it on time.

Visited June 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Best. Tour. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What else can I say? From check-in with Sophie first thing, to the free lesson with Christina, to the actual dive with dive master Lindsey, everything was quite simply, the best. Very friendly and upbeat through and through. Very encouraging and helpful in the pool, lessons were very clear and helped us all along. There was only maybe 15 or so people on the boat, aside from the AquaZone people - lots of space for everyone. Once we got to the first dive site, getting into the water was at a good speed for getting everyone in safely. Once in, Lindsey was very patient with me in the water, and we saw a large number of turtles and other fish.

Getting to the other site was a fairly quick cruise. Again, once in the water we saw a large number of different fish as well as a few white-tip sharks - it was great! I was sad to get out of the water once it was all done, but now that I have experienced diving, I can;t wait for my next opportunity to get under the water. Thank you AquaZone!! It was the experience of a lifetime!!

Houston, Texas, United States
“Aqua Zone Scuba Diving & Snorkeling-Oahu's favorite dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used AquaZone for my open water scuba certification. The staff were polite and professional. My dive instructor Christina Kilbourn was a great teacher, thorough and helpful. She gave me confidence to dive and amazing photographs of my trip! Sea turtles were fun to swim with. The guys even set up a shark cage dive with another company for me. Talk about great service. I'd use them again anytime.

Visited May 2013