“Poor Communication, Very Disorganised” 1 of 5 stars
Review of AquaZone Scuba Diving Center

AquaZone Scuba Diving Center
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, 2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
+1 808-923-3483
and up
Ranked #140 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Zone Scuba Diving & Snorkeling is located at The Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, two blocks form the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki- offering daily wreck dives, sea turtle snorkeling & scuba adventures,daily pool sessions for beginners & rusty divers to "warm up" prior to an ocean dive & equipment rentals. Stop in for a FREE snorkel guide to find out the best snorkeling sights.
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Poor Communication, Very Disorganised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We had purchased 2 vouchers for snorkeling with sea turtles catamaran tour through Travelzoo in November 2011.
I tried to book via the website but it would not let me as we had the vouchers, I sent the company an email but I got no response after a week so I ended up calling. We booked for 20/3/12 and as per the times on the voucher we were told to be there at 10.30, no later than 10.45 and the boat would be leaving at 11am.
I called the afternoon before to confirm our booking and confirmed we were booked and to be there for the 11am departure, I also asked when we would be returning as we had another activity booked for the afternoon ans she advised 2pm, no later than 2.30 which is in line with the three hour tour we paid for.
So in the morning we walked down to the marina, which was the address on the voucher. We wondered around for over 5 minutes as we could not find any signage. Another boat operator asked if we needed help and we asked where Aqua Zone was - he hadn't heard of them and kindly called the number on the voucher. We walked over to the berth advised where there was a motor powered boat (not Catamaran as advertised). A girl came over and told us we were "Super Early" (it was 10.30 on the dot) and we would not be leaving for at least an hour so to come back in 45 minutes. I queried her as the voucher said 11am and I had been told 11am the day before - she rudely spoke over me and told me the vouchers are wrong.
So we wondered around for 45 mins and came back to the boat only to be told there was another delay of at least 20 minutes as some booked had turned up at the shop rather than the dock and to just wait. A beaten up van turned up 5 minutes later with the rest of the people in the tour. However we still just sat around, waiting. Five minutes later one of the girls from the company told the driver of the van that they were short on something and to go back to the shop and get more.
So we sat waiting for another 15 minutes and by this time it was 11.45 - they called a couple of people aside (scuba divers I think) and the rest of us were left waiting not being told a thing.
Ten minutes later at 11.55 we started walking off, we had enough of waiting and knew we would not return on time to catch our afternoon activity (booked for 4pm). Just at this time the girl started yelling to us we were boarding. I told here we were leaving as we had waited long enough and we would not be back in time for our afternoon. She told me we would be back well before 2pm??? I told her it was a three hour tour - she barked back at me "groupon was wrong", I told her we had been told 3 hours the day before. She walked off and yelled call groupon get your money back, no apology for messing us around for the last 90 minutes.
There are plenty of dive operators on the island - stay away from this one

Visited March 2012

Anchorage, Alaska
9 attraction reviews
“not reliable did not show even after reconfirming the day before”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I set up a multidive package for my husband. The first dive was ok. The second dive they never came to pick him up! He called and they had forgotten to write him in the books. This is understandable at times but I also called the day ahead of time to reconfirm. Not happy since we are only here a week there is no other time he can dive as our ittinerary is full. I will note they were apologetic and provided a prompt refund. Doubt I would recommened them or use them in the future since even after reconfirming 24 hours in advance. Prepayment and two calls in advance should ensure your dive!

San Diego, California
“Great Dive Shop:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I chose Aqua Zone Scuba, because their website gave the most accurate info on getting my AOW certification and their location in Waikiki beach. I am very satisfied, diving was great and the staff is very nice and helpful.We went out two days on different boats from different marinas. My instructor Christina was great, super friendly and so good at what she does. You just CAN'T have a bad experience in Hawaii! I have no complaints:):):)

philadelphia, pa
6 attraction reviews
“there was a boat”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My buddy and I found ourselves with a last minute opportunity to go diving one morning. My usual preffered shop was booked up. However, aquazone still had openings. Aquazone provided the boat, the tanks, and the weights i needed to go diving, so in that respect they were sufficent.

However when it came to the crew I was disappointed. Everyone was friendly but in my opinion unprofessional. The boat captain's safety briefing was made as the boat pulled out of the dock, there was no mention as to whether the boat had O2 onboard and no request ot know if there were any rescue or higher level cert divers onboard. The staff's inattention to the gear resulted in two seperate instances of gear rollover onto the regulators. At the end of dive there was no roll call taken, crew may have taken a head count but I am uncertain of that.

The final price for all this was about $135 a head. for the size of the boat, the number of divers packed onto and the level of professionalism displayed by the staff I thought this was a poor value.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Long Wait, Rude Tour Guide”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from Hawaii, and unfortunately the only bad part of our trip was the experience we had with Aqua Zone. Tour was originally scheduled for a Wednesday, and we received a nice call from Aqua Zone stating the waters were too choppy and asked if we could reschedule to Friday. No big deal, right? We were absolutely okay with that. Unfortunately on Friday, we were not okay with the treatment we received.

First of all, on the TravelZoo voucher we purchased, it states "The Aukai catamaran leaves at 11 a.m., and check-in time is NO LATER THAN 10:45 a.m." We promptly arrived at 10:45 a.m. thinking the boat would leave without us.

There is absolutely no signage stating where the catamaran docks. We drove around the entire port several times trying to find it. There are a ton of boats, which makes the catamaran impossible to find. There was absolutely no one from Aqua Zone there. We had to ask another boat's tour guide if they had heard of them.

We were among at least 5 other couples standing at the port for over an hour. We watched several other tours come and go. We had tried to contact Aqua Zone several times to find out if we missed the boat, and they wouldn't answer the phone.

Finally around 11:45 a.m., a passenger van arrives with the tour guide and other passengers. We asked him when the boat would arrive, and he stated he didn't have any clue. He was extremely unprofessional and acted like a teenager - acted like it was no big deal that the boat wasn't there yet.

When the boat FINALLY arrived at 12:15PM!!, we realized there was no way for us to participate in the three-hour snorkeling trip in time to catch our flights going home. When my husband told the tour guide we could no longer go on the trip, his response was (and I quote) "It sucks to wait doesn't. it?"

To top it off, when he looked at his list to cross off our names, we weren't even on the list!! We were never tranferred over to the Friday tour. I can only assume we would be "extras" on an already cramped boat with no snorkeling gear to use once we got out in the water.

Fortunately Trip Advisor was WONDERFUL and refunded our purchase. Thank you, Trip Advisor, for being understanding was this horrible situation.

Visited January 2012