This is NOT the Ritz, folks!
I spent one night in a private room- clean and adequate. One night in a shared room- clean and adequate. Considerate room-mate. Communal kitchen in no worse condition than most.
Never felt or saw a bug of any kind. Sheets were fresh and clean.
What will make me return is the great location and warm welcome and upbeat and helpful attitude of staffers Kat, Andie, Q,Wil and Jason. They could not have been nicer to me. Kat organized a Thanksgiving BBQ and the whole place joined in for convivial chat until after 10pm.
If you need more creature comforts, do try someplace else. If you value really cheap price and instant comraderie while on the road, this is a sure bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian Hostel Beach Club is centrally located 1/2 block from beach, near the Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, Aquarium, Waikiki Shell, and countless bars and restaurants. Rated "Best Youth Hostel" by the Travel Channel, our friendly staff are happy to help make your budget holiday the best it can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Polynesian Hostel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hotel Honolulu
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hawaii/Honolulu