I can say two good things about this hostel: it is really near the beach and there was a lovely lady working on reception when we arrived early in the morning.
Otherwise all I can say is it's filthy. The carpet in the common room looks as if it has never been cleaned. There is no cutlery. The mattresses are covered in plastic so you just sweat. The bathroom is so bad - like the one in the picture but encrusted with years of brown dirt not cleaned properly. I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned as it was covered in hair, dust and dirt. The cleaner said she had already done it. I tried to be nice and suggest maybe she had forgotten. She came and cleaned again and there was no improvement. I brought her in and showed her two particularly large patches of hair and referred generalky to the overall dirt. She removed those two bits and left the rest. This attitude is reflected in the whole place. I walked barefoot and my feet were covered in bits - presumably noone had been in my room so it just wasn't cleaned.
I think the price is shocking for such a hovel. It is only suitable for people who don't care about hygeine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Polynesian Hostel Beach Club is centrally located 1/2 block from beach, near the Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, Aquarium, Waikiki Shell, and countless bars and restaurants. Rated "Best Youth Hostel" by the Travel Channel, our friendly staff are happy to help make your budget holiday the best it can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Polynesian Hostel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hotel Honolulu
- Polynesian Hostel Beach Club Hawaii/Honolulu