“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Snorkeling
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A perfect snorkeling spot.
Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is my first vacation that I snorkeled and this was really beautiful. A lot of people but it seemed as more came others had enough and were heading out. The shuttle down and then back up the hill was well worth the $2.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Coral, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Fish you would normally see in those pricey restaurant aquariums....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

WOW! This is by far the best attraction on the island. Snorkeling is easy and fun. You get to see the fish so up close swimming around. I cannot wait to go back. Yes parking is a little tight, and you should bring food. But my goodness people, make this trip! You can live a very long life and probably never come across an adventure like this. This was my first time to snorkel and I know, I know, I should have bought and brought my own gear, but you know what? I rented mine and I had a real good time. Whew....I am speechless...what a blast!

Visited August 2012
Charleston, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
“Bay fantastic, entrance to the park ???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The bay receives five stars! The procedure to get into the park is three at best. Why? After you pay your entrance fee($7.5), they require you to watch a nine minute movie. The safety and fish identification aspects of the movie were good information. Also, the part about being nice to the reef. Not certain that I needed the history of the bay and other ancillary info. All I could think of was two minutes of this movie was okay and why am I not in the water.
The views are amazing. If you are not a good swimmer you should not go beyond the bouys. If you are, then you will want to venture out to the deep end. DIfferent species of fish and swimming with the turtles (don't touch) will be remembered for a long time.

Auckland
6 attraction reviews
“Great snorkling!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was one of the highlights of our trip so glad we went even if it is a tad commercial! You do have to pay to go there but it's not expensive. Get there early before the crowds do. Saw lots of amazing fish etc and a lovely beach.

Humble, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Disappointed after reading the reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

So I read a lot of awesome reviews for snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. It was pretty, and we say free roaming chickens and a lot of mongooses playing on the top side at the park. The day we went the water was really rough and made snorkeling a bit difficult. It was really crowded too. I just didn't think it was worth $7.50/person to get in plus the cost of renting the gear. Shark's Cove had much better snorkeling and no cost of admission.