“Great all rounder for a great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

You added Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Seaside Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Let's Be Direct
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Bushey, Hertfordshire
“Great all rounder for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights while in Waikiki and found it to be a great hotel. The room was spacious, comfortable and situated very near the main shopping strip and beach.

The room was a tad dated but this is not something that I feel impacted the enjoyment of our stay at all. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, particularly when we needed help getting to Pearl Harbor the following morning.

As a whole I would definitely recommend the Shoreline to anyone needing a decent, well priced hotel in Waikiki.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good priced hotel, a few minutes walk from the beach, clean, and most importantly quiet. No dining room, but a cafe next door and lots of other places to eat breakfast. Provides juice and fruit in the foyer.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I have stayed here twice! We had to come back a second time to Waikiki and chose to stay here again because our first stay was just great! Rooms were clean and the hotel was just in a perfect location! 5 minutes from the beach, a minute from kalakaua ave and restaurants all around! Not to mention your in front of Ross so we were able to shop and drop off what we bought instantly! Very convenient for shoppers! I highly recommended this hotel if you are just in Hawaii to shop and do activities. If you are just gonna relax and stay in your room all the time, the rooms are small so I wouldn't tell those who plan this to stay here. But other than that, we love this place!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Exton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Overall, this is a decent budget hotel for this area. I stayed here over Christmas in 2014. The positive, the rooms are a decent size, there is a restaurant connected to the hotel, there is a pool on-site, and you are walking distance to multiple restaurants and sites in the area. I had no problem finding my way to the beach, to find food, or go shopping.

The negatives, the hotel has a shady policy (maybe only during holiday season) that they will upcharge you at check-in for double beds. It would be one thing if this policy is noted in writing somewhere, but it is not. Even though my travel agent listed a request for a 2 bed room, I was told there would be an additional fee per night for the room. I am well aware that bedding requests are not guaranteed, however if they have the room that was requested at the time of booking available on site they are supposed to give it to and definitely not try to charge you for it. The desk attendant flat out told me that they do this because they can get extra money out of people during the high season. I was very upset by this, luckily my travel agent covered the additional cost but they should not have had to. Aside from this when I finally got into my room it was not as clean as it should have been and they had to come and change the sheets.

This is a budget hotel, so I was not expecting the Ritz. If it had not been for the unscrupulous extortion of extra money and the dirty sheets I would not have had anything bad to say about the resort. Overall, I had a decent stay but I would not recommend this place to anyone because you don't know what you're going to get at check in.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Shoreline Hotel met our expectations as a part of the Joy of Living group. It was centrally located in a nice area of Waikiki. Being on a half and half one-way road was a little confusing, but easily maneuverable. Easy walking distance to Dukes. Just make sure you go to the right location. There are two sites. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Complimentary iced beverage choice 24-7 in lobby. Rooms were nice and beds comfortable. Great place for the price.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Front Desk staff here is amazing, they made me feel so welcomed and special. They asked me daily how my trip was going and gave me great suggestions on where to go, a special thank you to Mona who was our go to girl for anything we needed. The room was perfect for what we needed, clean and comfy! The location of the hotel was so close to restaurants and bars as well as walking distance to the beach. I would come back here any time it was truly perfect. Thanks again Mona and everyone else on the Shoreline team!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 5 nights , great location excellent staff, nothing was a bother .
Complimentary WiFi ,paper and coffee and tea + cold drinks 24/7.
Rooms are clean and tidy not large but every thing you need , small fridge and a safe .
Also a lot of pick ups for tours are from directly over the road out side the Ross store.

Room Tip: Good breakfast options all within 200 feet