“Very friendly and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

You added Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Seaside Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Linger Longer
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vesper, Wisconsin
“Very friendly and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My wife and I stayed from feb. 13 thru feb 20, 2015. we were on the 8th floor. hotel was clean. our towels were missing one day but were brought to us promptly. would be nice to have more coffee in the room, instead of having to go to the Lobby for it. this was a family vacation for ourselves, my brothers family and my parents. if we were to come back to Oahu I would consider this Hotel again

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Firstly, let me start by saying what a great location this hotel is in... one block back from the beachfront strip and close to everything. I had requested an early check in before travelling to Hawaii and when we arrived at the Shoreline, my request wasn't even acknowledged until I asked about it. It was of course denied so we set off for the day and came back at check in. On check in, we were surprised to learn that we couldn't pay cash at check in (as previously told we could) and the total amount would be pre-authorised on my credit card and we could pay at the end of our stay. I was incredibly upset about learning of this credit card authorisation as we were not aware and had all our holiday money in cash, not on my card. When trying to sort this out with Zhi, another front desk staff named Jerome decided to add his two cents on this situation, reducing me to tears and bullying me over the front desk. "THIS IS OUR HOTEL POLICY" he borderline yelled at me - to which I replied, please stop talking off to the side of me you are making me feel very uncomfortable. His response - "I am not to the side of you, I am right in front of your face. I'm sorry but is this how you make your guests feel welcome? It immediately set a negative tone of this hotel for our stay and I do not appreciate been made to feel like this. It is poor customer service and Jerome shouldn't be speaking to guests like this. I was incredibly upset. We finished our check in process and made our way to our room. Be warned, the photos are a little misleading but the room was satisfactory and was clean and comfortable. One thing I will mention, every afternoon when we came back to our room, big bags of rubbish and old linen from the room attendants cleaning other rooms, was constantly left outside our door - not very nice to come back to every day and started to smell! I sent an email to the hotel manager, explaining my unhappiness at the check in process and was very touched by his kind apology - thank you for the wine and chocolates they were greatly appreciated. Not the worst hotel I'm sure, but lots of room for improvement in todays competitive market.

Room Tip: Not near a cleaning cupboard!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is close to the beach and in the middle of the action. The price compared to the other hotels was better making this the pick. We had three in our family on this trip. They only had a queen bed room left so we took it. The bed was tiny a little less then a queen and we managed to have all three in the bed each night. The room was smaller the a cruise ship room. Very little. Guess the room doesnt really matter as you are out exploring the outdoors. They also did have a little balcony which was nice. The place is clean and the beds as comfortable as can be given our situation. They had a restaurant attached which we did not try as within walking distance was so many choices. Given the price I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I recently came back from an 8 night stay at the Shoreline. I was slightly skeptical about the hotel just because it was much smaller than what we're used to. I'm so glad we took the chance and booked this hotel. It is located right in the heart of Waikiki. The hotel is clean and the staff is extremely friendly. We booked the queen room which was on the smaller size but we didn't care because we were only in the room to shower and sleep. Each room has a fridge, microwave & Keurig machine which was a nice bonus. The lobby always had fresh water, pineapple iced tea, hot tea & coffee. The front desk staff was the best! - Mona (Jersey!!), Taro, Alex & Zhi were always chatting with us and giving us suggestions on where to eat, drink and swim (there are some great beaches on the north shore). We've stayed at larger hotels in Waikiki but we preferred this hotel. It was nice to have the staff remember where we were from and other small details about us. They made us feel at home which we loved.

As for the area - Waikiki beach is only a 5 minute walk and the hotel provides beach towels. All the restaurants and bars are within walking distance as well. Heavenly is a great restaurant for breakfast right next to the hotel - it is a must try! Duke's (in the Outrigger) has a great breakfast buffet. Yard House (on Lewers street) is a great sports bar - over 100 beers on tap. Doraku (in Royal Hawaiian center) is great for sushi. Rum Fire (in the Sheraton hotel) is great for drinks. They have live music and a DJ depending on the night.

We absolutely loved our stay at the Shoreline and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff were hospitable. They saw to my comfort as much as possible. I enjoyed the pool on the rooftop which is small but good for a refreshing dip and laps. I don't shop but there are convenience stores ABC and Starbucks a block away and the hotel is around the corner from duty free. What attracted me is that it is only a couple of blocks to the beach though hotels line the beach and access is relatively. limited but it is nice for a stroll. There are many dining choices. For the budget minded it is possible to take public busses to most tourist spots. I was very happy to save money by staying here. Clean cheerful bright.

Room Tip: Higher rooms always have less noise for the most part I like facing the rising sun but others may...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Smaller hotel didn't scare us from having a great time and enjoying our stay. Everything was very well done without the flash, glitz, and stuffy atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel over anything that sits right on the water in Waikiki. Walking distance to everything ever needed and at the right price hard to beat. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed February 2015
Billericay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We liked it here because it was within a 5 minute stroll to swish shops, restaurants and the beach, but as it wasn't right in the more expensive part of Waikiki it was a lower cost. The rooms were nothing special, quite smallish, but clean. Staff in reception were helpful. No restaurant but that was fine as we were happy to use as a base, and have our meals out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!