“We had a good experience here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

You added Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Seaside Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Let's Be Direct
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hamilton, New Jersey
“We had a good experience here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked this hotel for 4 nights after reading reviews on here. Was happy to see upon arrival that it was nice inside, and our room was good. Our view sucked, but I purposely picked a room that didn't have a view to save money, so it was fine. Our A/C broke the first night we arrived and they fixed it immediately after we called the front desk, so things worked out great. There's a small pool on the roof which was nice to visit, but we spent the bulk of our stay here at Waikiki beach and other Oahu attractions so we didn't use the pool much. Adequate place to stay and it was clean. In a good location - easy walk to the beach. Also, they gave us towels to use at the beach. I would stay here again and I'd recommend it to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Taupiri, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Loved this hotel, fantastic location right in the middle of everything. The room was nice, very modern, and had heaps of room for suitcases. The rooms were kept very clean and tidy my housekeeping and the pool towels provided were great. The rooftop pool was great also. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

No balcony on 13th floor. Small room size and bathroom with no drawers to unpack your clothes. Ran out of hand towels one day with no notification. Poor Wi Fi in rooms, frequently had to go to the lobby to use the Wi Fi. Overpriced for the room and services. I expected more from a boutique hotel.
The hotel was in a nice location, close to a great coffee shop and several restaurants.
Overall, disappointing.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Starbuck, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Loved the Shoreline! Very comfortable beds which was the best thing when you arrive after a long flight. Although many may consider the rooms small, I can't imagine that matters. You are in paradise, get out there and enjoy it. I felt the location, amenities and property condition more than adequate. Excellent value for price. We had rented another room on Waikiki as a day room for our last day after leaving our rental house in Kailua. And I was surprised how much I found it wanting in comparison to the Shoreline.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This boutique hotel is well worth staying at! Small hotel, centrally located, decent size room, very clean and updated, awesome beds, staff are fabulous as others have noted. Unless you are on the top two or three floors there is no view, but walk three blocks and you are at the ocean anyway. You are right in the heart of things in this hotel and noise is at a minimum. For the guys, I appreciated the shower head being over my head, and I'm just under 6' (181 cm). I hate stooping to get my head wet when showering.

Room Tip: South side, 12th floor and above for any view of the ocean. Keep the lanai door shut as there is a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki provides over the top customer service. My husband and I arrived early and hoped to be able to drop off our luggage. The front desk was fabulous, held our bags, then set us up with beach towels, a complimentary tote bag, and access to a changing room. We were then invited to head to the top floor pool or to the beach until our room was ready. The complimentary Keurig coffee maker and ice water were kept full and easy to access in the front lobby during our entire stay. Our room was super clean, stylish and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location with a super short walk to the shops and restaurants on Kalakaua Ave, Lewers St, and the beautiful Waikiki beaches. With the central location of the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, and the bus stop right around the corner on Kuhio St, we didn't need a rental car. We can't say enough about the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki! There are a bunch of great reviews out there and my husband and I could not agree more. Our search for a "home away from home" in Waikiki is over. We will be booking our next stay at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is a nice little place 1 small block from the center of the Royal Hawaiian Mall, 2 blocks from Lewers and the Beachwalk. I just stayed here over the New Years Holiday for 10 days and was not far from anything. Upon entry there are several couches and coffee tables then there is the reception counter and a coffee/tea/water station and free newspapers. The rooms have proximity card readers for entry and a pool on the top of the building. I had requested a partial ocean view room and was placed in the corner room on the 13th floor with a great lanai and a view that looked over the top of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. The only thing I didn't like about the rooms is that there are no bureaus/dressers to put your clothes that do not hang. I also had an HP accessible room so I was missing a chair, but the views from the lanai during the day and night were worth it. The pool on the top floor was small and went 3'-5'-3' and didn't have a shower available there. The TV was a large 42" (I guess) and had digital channels. If you have a new smart phone (I have a Samsung Galaxy S4) then your phone is faster than the Oceanic Wi-Fi (only 7mbps) and won't let you connect.

Room Tip: Select a partial ocean view room - its on the upper floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!