“Clean and Happy employees who are very helpful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Seaside Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Direct and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
North Bend, Or
“Clean and Happy employees who are very helpful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I loved this hotel! First off this hotel has been recently remodeled and they did a fantastic job! We knew that we were going to be spending more time outside of our hotel then in it and so we looked for one that met our needs. So our room was small, but had a refrigerator, coffee maker, safe for our items that we wanted locked up, wifi(which we needed to download our pics) and a very clean room. It also had a nice balcony as well. We loved the employees as they were extremely helpful on locations to visit, places to eat as well as making sure that we were happy and comfortable. Things to note: We rented our car and had the option of valet parking or for 2 dollars less we could pay 24 dollars a night to park our rental across the street. We picked Valet. They were considerate and prompt when we needed our car. Wonderful wonderful stay here and I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Quiet all the way around. The room we stayed in was small, but that was what we were looking for...A...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ko Phangan, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I spent hours looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Waikiki and after a lot of indecision finally decided on the Shoreline Hotel.

I was blown away by the service and the cleanliness of the hotel. I also had really low expectations based on previous reviews, but when I arrived all of the construction/renovations were nowhere to be seen and everything looked fresh and new.

The location is also fine - it's a quick 10 minute walk to Waikiki beach, and you're right in the middle of the shopping district.

Room Tip: 14th floor - can't go wrong
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is amazing. Great location with a main drag of Waikiki just up the road and a revolving restaurant on the corner and Starbucks at another corner along with two ABC stores in walking distance (as in like two minutes at most walk!)

The staff are friendly and attentive and you must dine at the restaurant ChaChaCha.

We came here for our honeymoon and loved every minute of it.

My only issue was the bed could have been a King or Queen sized and not a double bed, but since we were out and about each day from early till late taking in sights and tours etc, it's really not a big deal

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that has a desk in it. From our stay, they were rooms that appeared bigger if y...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights recently and we couldn't be more pleased with every thing. All members of staff, from the cleaners to front desk officers, were particularly friendly and helpful. Their professionalism is simply wonderful.

The hotel is close to shopping, restaurants, Waikiki Beach, transport, etc....really, it is so central! The rooms are maintained tidy and clean each day, and we find its comforting that hygiene is viewed as an important issue for guests.

We highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I checked into the Shoreline Waikiki a week and a half ago and I was immediately impressed with the property! The location is fantastic, right down the street from the best shopping in Waikiki. The building is small and intimate- a lobby with a beautiful high ceiling adorned with bright colored comfortable orange leather sofas and warm inviting lighting in the evenings. The lighting fixtures swayed in the breeze coming through the louvered windows. Upon Arrival on my four day trip, I was given an upgraded room ( so thankful, wish I remembered the desk agents name)- imagine my surprise when I stepped onto the lanai in my room on the 12th floor and saw that I had an amazing ocean view!!

There's a chalkboard across from the elevator with pertinent local info. I learned the Hawaiian word for child (Keiki) , was kept abreast of local sunrise/sunset times and was given a tip for the day, which I followed and was quite happy I did.

My room was well appointed , with comfortable clean linens, a cute white desk chair, beautiful flat screened tv, an alarm clock that doubled as an iPod/iPhone speaker, and the toiletries were plentiful and nice as well.

The outdoor pool is located on the 14th floor rooftop. It's small but sparkling and secluded. I enjoyed the ocean view while sun bathing and swimming in relative solitude.

The adjoining restaurant Cha, Cha, Cha has delicious tacos and an impressive selection of tequila. There's a wall of fame for those that have tried every kind on the menu!

Front desk agent Jun was more than happy to help me with my questions and my late checkout request and the bell desk stored my belongings after checkout so that I could enjoy my last day in Waikiki until my shuttle picked me up that evening for my red eye flight back home to LA.

I didn't wanna leave the Shoreline. I'd live there if I could. Alas, that isn't possible right now, but a girl can dream, can't she? This was the fourth hotel in Waikiki that I have stayed in in the last three years and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Thanks again and Mahalo Shoreline Waikiki. Hopefully ill see you in November to celebrate my 35th birthday with my Ohana, Keiki included :)

Aloha!

• Stayed June 2013
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Aloha Superfudge!

Mahalo for the glowing review of your recent experience at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel and Waikiki's newest boutique property. Everyone here at the Shoreline is so happy that you had some an amazing time! We are excited for your return visit in November for your 35th birthday. Bring the whole family! We'll see you soon.

All the best,

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife visited Honolulu 4 times in the last 10 months, and have stayed in different hotel liked the Hyatt, Outrigger and Seaview Waikiki, (now the Shoreline Waikiki hotel). On our recent trip she convinced me to stay here because she was very happy when she stayed here with her brother just before Christmas. She was absolutely right and our 10 days stay was a very happy and memorable one. The staffs were very knowledgable of the events around town and tremendous in offering advices and directions, and not to forget mentioning their happy SMILES. . Special commendations goes to Vikky, Alex and the filipino girl on the front desk.( Sorry forgot her name). The room service was excellent and front desk is always ready to check to see if we need anything and to send up clean towels if we need any. All in all, I wished anyone looking for good location and excellent hotel at a very reasonable price, to stay at the Shoreline Waikiki hotel. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Couple of rooms away from the elevator and higher floor will be nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Coconut W, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Aloha alaysi!

I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for posting such a wonderful review of the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki! Being a Joie de Vivre Hotel, we are all about celebrating Joy of Life. I think this means something different for everyone, but after reading your review it sounds like we succeeded in making life a little more enjoyable for you and your family. We are all looking forward to your next visit!

Mahalo!

Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was good for the price you pay. I guess it's about a 5 minute walk to the beach, there are restaurants, coffee and shops all very close and it's very centrally located in Waikiki. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the decor is nice, and I liked having a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. There's no pool or fitness center but they have $10 passes to 24 hour fitness which is about a half mile away. The staff is very friendly and welcoming but there's no concierge or bellman since it's such a small hotel. I paid extra for the partial ocean view room and as you can see from the picture, it was just ok. I almost wish I had gone with the cheaper room without a view. I usually woke up at 6:30 or 7 everyday when the sun came up, but I noticed a lot of noise in the hallway from 7 to 9 or so; doors slamming, keys jangling, walkie talkies, so if you wanted to sleep in at all, it would've been impossible. Housekeeping did an ok job, but tended to leave at least one thing unchecked each day (not a big deal, but I wasn't going to call the front desk everyday; just not much attention to detail).
I would stay here again - the location is good, the staff is friendly, rooms are nice, it's just very basic. Also, the Mexican restaurant in the lobby is very good (and budget friendly).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Shoreline H, Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Aloha OatmealCeiling!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki is definitely located in a very fun neighborhood just steps from the beach, restaurants, and shopping! The Shoreline is also part of the Joie de Vivre Collection which is all about "Joy of Life". I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk Hosts took good care of you while you stayed with us. On your next visit, please feel free to also utilize our Front Desk Hosts as a Concierge as they have some amazing recommendations that only a local would know. Our bellman is also available 24-hours - I apologize that you were not able to utilize their services while you were here. I also would like to apologize for the noise in the hallway in the mornings. I will remind the team to try to keep it down. Come back and see us again sometime!

Mahalo!

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki

Been to Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!