“Of course, it is Waikiki!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach
Kalakaua Blvd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
Website
Honolulu History and Culture Segway Tour
Ranked #28 of 264 things to do in Honolulu
Activities: Surfing, Walking, Dining, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's most popular beach.
Brazil
8 attraction reviews
“Of course, it is Waikiki!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Sure you will go to Waikiki beach at least once when you are in Oahu. Very calm and relaxing beach. A lot of other turists, a lot of near restaurants, a lot of near hotels, and so on. Some little crazy locals surfing after jumping from the decks! Nice to watch!
We recommend you to search for the "Sunset on the beach" spot, where they present movies on the beach open area for free, during some weekends.
We also recommend a great walk at the beach from the Waikiki Dukes statue to the end of the beach, where you will see a man's made lake (near to the Hilton's rainbow tower), where you can swim and relax as well.
If you want to Waikiki, is a very good spot to learn or practice the surfing and the SUP (stand up paddle).
At the afternoon end you can relax a little bit more on the water and watch the sunset.
You can take very beautiful pictures there... one side the clear and calm ocean, the other Palm trees, beautiful hotels, and the best part, get the Diamond head as the background of your picture with your loved ones!

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Lots of fun on Waikiki Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very lively beach - it is so much fun just walking on the beach, sunbathing, and watching people! Stay away from the beach if you do not like crowd.

Visited January 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
“Busy at peak times but such a beautiful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Been to, enjoyed and loved this place more and more each time i've been.
Usually staying at the Hilton Hawaiian I wasn't right in the middle of the beach which was good as there wasn't as many people as soon as I walked out onto the beach.
The first time I went onto this beach I went in the afternoon around 4pm when it was getting cooler and noticed there was hardly anyone sat on one part of the beach next to were the boat takes you out for the submarine tour. Of course, I laid my towel down and proceeded to get into the sea only to feel a LOT of volcanic rock everywhere, very uncomfortable and then I realised why no one was sat there. I learned my lesson and the next few times I went to the beach in the morning around 10am and it was starting to get busy but I found a space quite easily where everyone else was and really enjoyed the heat and the cool water and just the fact that I was on Waikiki beach.. my dream come true.
You must make sure you either get to the beach in the morning or go late afternoon maybe 3/4pm to avoid the mad crowds if you're not really into all that.
No negatives for this just like many places in Oahu, this place just cannot let me down.

Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
15 attraction reviews
“My fav beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I love this beach. It's crowded but I love that since I live in a rural area. It's like the Las Vegas strip by the ocean. It's a beautiful beach with a view of Diamond Head .

Calgary, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful but packed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in Maui and did a day trip to see Pearl Harbor. We had some hours to kill before heading back to Maui so we took the bus to Waikiki.

The beach area/shops are pretty but it is so busy. The beach was packed and it's only February. The water is very calm, shallow and clear and there is a section that is in front if rocks where you could float, perfect if you are afraid of sharks!

If you don't mind busy, you will like it, we prefer quiet Maui though.

If you wanted to take the bus here from the airport or Pearl Harbour, you need the 19 or 20. It's $2.50 a person and takes about an hour and a half. Grab a seat at the back if this bus as the closer you get, the more busy the bus gets.