“Great location and views” 5 of 5 stars

You added Discovery Bay Condominiums to your Saves list
Discovery Bay Condominiums
1778 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We rented unit 3414 directly from the owner and could not have been more pleased. The condo had 2 bedrooms and all the amenities you could want including private deeded parking, wifi, DVD player,beach towels, boogie boards, beach chairs, umbrella, fantastic views, and great service from Rodney (owner) and his team. The location was very good with easy access to great restaurants and the beach, all within walking distance.

I would highly recommend this property if you are looking for a clean comfortable and spacious condo. Thank you Rodney!!

Room Tip: We rented the unit from Great Rentals. The property ID is 226346 and the owner's name is Rodney.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been visiting Honolulu every month for the past year & half. I always stay at the Discovery Bay Condo. It makes my trips so worth every coin i've spent! I get pleanty of excerise, every thing is in walking distance, great food in the building, on major bus route. The condo itself is so open and free, you would never know how secured it really is! 24hr. security guards, The real kind!! pool, bq, beautiful units, across the street from the beach, oh and did i mention the ABC store? save thoes receipts!! ive gotten lots of free gifts,(that i don't share!) beach towels are a neccesity here!! Well enough said, cuz i left Seattle Wa. to live the rest of my days here!! ALOHA

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Rochester, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for 2 months. Great size rooms. Kitchen dinningroom livingroom open area. The pictures at thier web site are not the condo you get. Those picture are homeowners condos. Carpet and livingroom furniture was a bit worn but because of the extas and security and extras I could over look that. We were on the 49 floor so we could see Waikii beach most of the city and mountains great view for fireworks. Bus system right out front door. Mall and Majic island park walking distance. Durring our time March 2011-July 2011 there was consrutction all night. Locals say they are alway working on that road. My husband on business trip I was for vacation. No bad time to visit but waves are small in summer. I would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room ask if they are working on the road still. Room on west side tower might be qui...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have stayed here for fifteen years, we love it It is close to all our needs. Very clean and safe ,The rec area we love .Can't say much more .Just Love the condo

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I won't rate the condo we stayed at, since this will vary based on which company you book with.
The property itself suited our needs. Positives include:

- 1.5 blocks from Waikiki beach
- on a main road, Ala Moana (convenience to buses, etc)
- ABC store, McDonalds & Car Rental companies downstairs
- Food Pantry for groceries on Hobron St (2 blocks away)
- reasonably sized deck with afternoon sun (small pool & hot tub)
- close to Ala Moana mall
- a 15 min walk to Royal Hawaiian Center
- view of the marina (not of the beach)

The only negatives that some may think of (that didn't bother us)
- street level noise
- not right in the middle of the busiest part of Waikiki

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I can not tell you how wonderful this property is...My aunt and Uncle lived here for about 30 years...coming every fall and staying till sprin...we would come visit almost every year...I always thought the area was a Chicago with PalmTrees...but after a few years I could not think of any other place I would want to travel and stay...the view beyond imagination and the location was was with walking distance...when I got married I brought my husband here then when my childeren got older we brought them here...just can not imagine staying anywhere else

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

My name is Susan DiNardo & I'm frm NYC... I rented a condo listed on ur website...I spoke to a Rep by the name of Tammy Lee frm...(www.hiexclusiverentals.com)...she was very professional & gave me a FANTASTIC rate. After I made the commitmnt to rent, I read up on a bunch of neg. reviews on her & I'll b honest, I was gunna cancel, but already bought our non-refundable plane tickets...We(my husband & 2 boys) stood in Hawaii & in her condo fr a little over 2 weeks. I was prepared to "fight" illegitament chrges, bills & etc...which I read about frm the other traveler...to my surpirse, not only was I NOT over-charged fr ANYTHING, but we recieved complimentary pick-up/drop-off, coupon meal tickets(saved us a bundle,trust me as a family traveling w/2little ones on vaca, it gets VERY xpensive)...The condo was more than we xpected, literally everything included, in price + she picked up cold meds fr us b/c my husband & I got sick a few days...I dnt knw wht xactly happened w/the other traveler & I do wish her the best....maybe she did "abuse" stuff or maybe she didn't, but as fr a personal xperience, I(we) had a GREAT one....thnkx again Exclusive Rentals/Ms. Lee...btw, my husband reserved a condo frm u fr our 10th year aniversary...cant wait to b in Hawaii again...aloha!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Discovery Bay Condominiums? Share your experiences!