We stayed as a family including 2 small children, for this reason the hotel is a great choice for close proximity to many places around Honolulu. The Beach is literally across the road, as is the Duke Statue and the trolley stop, the International Market Place (soon to close), the Food Pantry (supermarket) are all within a short walk.
The front desk is unfortunately located one flight up, so stairs and an escalator are really the only options aside from a small lift that is designated for the inhouse Beauty Spa.
There are beautiful exotic birds in the lobby that are named and quite an attraction for guests. There was a long queue at checkin but this was due to our arrival on a Roberts Hawaii transfer shuttle which does take a lot of passengers directly after their flights in from Australia.
To ease the wait we were handed bottles of water and there is a decanter of chilled punch at the counter which was a hit with the kids!
Luckily for us our room was ready which I really appreciated as checkin is not till 3:00 , however the pool is a great place to relax if the room is not ready which is what our friends did.
Happy Hour poolside is 4-6 pm and Barbara made our visit very memorable with her attentive service.
We stayed on the 15th floor 1504 in the Ewa tower- the view was great- part city and part ocean- very pretty. Try to avoid rooms near the elevator- our friends were near one and apparently it was very loud- especially at night.
The rooms are adequate, a good size bathroom - we had a cot as well as a single bed in the room along with the 2 double beds as my husband in 6'ft 7.
Breakfast is a buffet which had a great choice of foods - the omlette chef is amazing- Dale had five pans on the go and flipped each one with skill while still holding a polite conversation.
Don't be put off by the queue-its worth the wait. Spinach, Green onion, salmon and swiss cheese.
There is a farmers market Thursday evening along with music - a great experience. The waterfall and orchids in the courtyard are beautiful and really add to the charm and elegance of this hotel.
I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu