We knew Waikiki was not our kind of place but chose to stay here a few days of our vacation due to its proximity to things we wanted to see. Were torn between Hyatt Place and Regency but chose the Regency as it was across the street from the beach, gave you free beach chairs etc and we knew it would have good service. Our activities included a half day Roberts tour of Pearl Harbor ( Really difficult to get your own tickets these days), a TwoGoods kayak tour to the Mokes(Great trip), and a self guided ( Thanks to concierge Mike) hiking tour of Diamond head, Maunawilli Falls, Manoa , etc Roberts and Two Goods pick you up at the Hyatt which was very convenient as driving in Honolulu is not easy. The rooms in our Diamond wing floor 30 were not that great. Very little drawer space, had to live out of our suitcase, and not at all tropical.
We were also placed near a very loud, busy, and quite slow elevator. If you stay here please request to be away from elevator and in an updated room. I've been told there are some.
There is self parking which we appreciated. $30 a day. The location is good to walk to many restaurants. I recommend going west towards Hilton as not many blocks away to the east there are homeless people in the beach pavilions. Best to stay by beach so I wouldn't recommend the Hyatt Place. Shor and Swim restaurants were excellent at the Hyatt. Breakfast starts at 5AM, a plus for those of us with tours. You could have ala carte or buffet. We also appreciated the free boarding pass service and scales to weigh luggage. Again this is a good place to stay if you want to be in Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu