“A bit tired” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2424 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Sunshine on Sale
Ranked #33 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Adelaide, Australia
“A bit tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Location is fantastic!! The beach is right opposite the hotel, International Market Place is a few metres away, 2 car rental places (Budget and Hertz) are on the 2nd floor of the hotel, ABC store is on the ground floor.

-Re rooms: quite a good size with a balcony. We had an ocean view room and the view was fantastic. The only downfall was that the bathroom and the room itself was very dated and in need of renovation. Everything was very clean but decor was very old fashioned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We do regret that you were not satisfied with the room and will share your comments with management. We are glad that overall you did however enjoy your stay. We hope that you will return again in the future.

2,587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Korean first
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel basics - two 40 story towers with great views whether you choose Waikiki views of downtown or upgrade to ocean views. Doesn't matter, Waikiki beach is just across the street.

Room - Nice spacious comfortable room. Bed was great, nice and quiet room. Flat screen TV and the room was up to date.

Pool - King size hottub. Pool area has plenty of lounge chairs and there is a quiet area for sun worshipers that can take a quick dip and walk away from the pool action. Cabanas are available with views of Waikiki beach. Try a mango smoothie, best I ever had.

Regency Club - Beautiful comfortable, and relaxing option. Rooftop fire pit and views of Waikiki just across the street. What is so special about this hotel option is the level of service you receive from the very engaging staff. You will receive the best of care and the staff have a lot of insight of Waikiki and will help navigate and enhance your stay if you make inquiry.

Friday evening - On Fridays on the hotels center court atrium a traditional Hawaiian band along with hula dancers and fire display dancer perform which is quite entertaining.

Location - You will not be disappointed. I am all about location, location location. This is the spot. Walk out of the hotel, go left or right and the whole Waikiki experience is wide open to you. Head to your right out of the hotel and you will find the best shopping Waikiki has to offer. All the luxury brands stores wait your arrival.

The hotel itself - Onsite are shopping stores, a variety of restaurants that will satisfy most appetite. If it does not there are an abundance of restaurants nearby.

Spa - I had a facial during my stay, and a guy wanting a quality facial for the price I pay, I found that the facial specialist worked with me and I had the absolutely best experience. I have had previously had facial and ordered off the menu in the past. Learning from my past experiences I can better discuss my needs. This way I am satisfied when all is said and done. I walked away on cloud ten after my great facial.

The staff - I read all the reviews prior to booking and read all the positives and negatives. I have to tell you that I have never experience better quality service from every staff member at this hotel. I did have a problem when I stayed, which was a medical problem that I had, and the staff treated my wife golden as I laid in a hospital bed with my issue. I want to specially give two thumbs up to the hotel front desk Manager Mark, and Andy at the front desk who was tremendously cordial to my spouse during my absence from the hotel.

Just like many travelers who are very discriminating and want a nice experience when they travel, I am probably more focused on how I am treated during my stay at a hotel than I am for looking for every opportunity to vent. For me, people who treat me right makes my vacation special. The staff at the hotel will also make you feel this way. If this is important to you, book the hotel and love it like I did.

Room Tip: Pay for upgrades if you wish. Remember you are right across the street from the world finest beach...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for such a great review. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed everything we have to offer and we will share your compliments with all of our team. We hope to serve you again in the future.

San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in the Hyatt Regency Waikiki for 2 nghts May 4 and 5. I booked through Priceline.
The forst room, 504, was filthy. The bathroom was covered in dust/dirt (I started to take a bath and noticed debris and dirt). I notified the front desk and they made arrangements to change the room. The culprit was a very dirty, filled vent in the bathroom (I told the frotn desk). The next room (507) was smoke stenched (not the hotels fault at all). They moved me to a third room 710, and it had a single bed (we needed 2); and we were moved to 709. 709 was clean, well kept, satisfactory (and had a view).

I would say the Hyatt is Regency Waikiki is pretty worn out, and appears to not be well kept.
For a low rate, I would stay there again, BUT never at a rack rate or on a package.

Room Tip: High floor, away from the noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and including your room numbers. We have already forwarded this post to our rooms director for follow up. We truly regret that your stay included so many room moves and unsatisfactory conditions. We assure you the rooms team will follow up on the comments you have posted and look at each room you have listed.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in the ocean view room. There is balcony & view was great. Easy to accesd to the tram & convient location. You have to across the road to access to the beach. You can accedd to the ABC shops from the ground level & 1st floor next to the swimming pool. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We moved from the Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa, Maui to Waikiki. What a change... from tranquility to noise, even though we were on the 33rd floor.
The first thing we noticed the beds. It appeared that they hadn't been changed... A call to housekeeping promptly brought a staff member to the room, who changed the bed linen. She was a delight, but why did we need to call her in the first place?
Then, what was that noise that continued all night? Was it the A/C? No, was it the wind from being reasonably high? Maybe, but why could we hear the street below? It seemed, even though we weren't near the lift shafts, that the noise of the lifts was coming through the structure of the building... not just the noise of the cars, it seemed to include the noise of the motors, especially in the bath/dressing area. We thought we wouldn't bother the staff trying to change rooms as it was 'background noise', but was constant all night for the duration of our stay.
The toilet/bath/shower was similar to that at the Hyatt Regency in Maui, however in Waikiki it seemed older and rusty.
Breakfast was well organized, although it didn't seem to live up to breakfast at the Hyatt Regency in Maui. The view of the Waikiki beach was sort after by all breakfasting guests! This is one way of highlighting the great location of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki.

• Stayed May 2013
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for your dedication to the Hyatt brand. We regret you were not more pleased with your stay with us. The ambiance and hence the overall holiday one experiences at Waikiki and in Maui are different. Waikiki is a more cosmopolitan area offering shopping, restaurants and beach activities all day long. While our desire is that every guest enjoys their visit we also realize that the more subdued island of Maui may be preferred by some. We will share all of your room comments with our rooms manager for follow up regarding the cleanliness and wind noise. We value your feedback and thank you again for taking the time to share it with us.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently spent 8 fantastic nights here. After arriving before check in due to Hotel Shuttle Times staff were helpful in ensuring our bags were secured while we roamed Waikiki. When we returned desk staff were friendly and pointed us in the direction of our lift. After arriving at our room 1608 Ewa Tower we were disappointed that after having paid for the upgraded Deluxe Ocean View Room our view was blocked by the Moana Surfrider Hotel. A room on or higher than level 25 should avoid this as it would be higher up. Breakfast bar was great and we loved the take out beat the queue option to return with breakfast to our room and enjoy the view we did have up Kalakaua and the ocean we could see from our balcony. Location is perfect. Right in the mix of the Waikiki action. The foyer is great with the Parrots out daily. Friendly staff. Room was clean upon check in with ample space, fridge, fast wifi and Housekeeping was high quality. Quiet room for sleep. Loved the Ice Machine on the floor near the lifts.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View Room go for Ewan Tower higher than level 25.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha,

Thank you for the review. We are really pleased to read comments regarding the new Express Line for breakfast and that you enjoyed it so much. We will share all of your comments with our team. We hope you will visit again in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Hyatt Regency is central to everything, the main shopping centre, the beach is across the road, bus stop across the road, fares are $2, the Hyatt has a swimming pool, gym, spa, & takes up to blocks of land & 3 levels of shopping.Be prepared to line up for breakfast,as many as 30 / 40 people @ a time, but it is very quick, great atmosphere, hotel service is exceptional, nothing is to much trouble, if contemplating a trip, ask for a room in the EWA Wing, facing the Ocean, we were on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8 / 12th floor ( goes to about 30 ) in the EWA Wing, facing the Ocean, nice vi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
lvans, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Aloha,

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thank you for the recommendation of the Ewa Tower location. It does offer some extraordinary views as does Diamond Head Tower. We hope that you will visit again in the future.

Mahalo

Been to Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!