We booked our holiday through 'My Holiday Centre' which represented good value for money. We upgraded to an ocean view room for extra but wasn't happy on arrival, I was instantly disappointed in the room very old and dated, inter connecting door to other room with 2 cm gap under door, view of buildings not ocean unless you went out on the balcony and stood on the left hand side, bathroom very small and dated. I said to my husband - don't touch anything, there is no way we can stay here for a week. We made our way down to reception and lined up again when we eventually spoke to someone on the desk they said there were no other rooms as they were fully booked but to come back on Thursday and they may be able to upgrade us ( I thought we paid for an upgrade?). On the Thursday we went down to reception only to be told there were no other rooms available. We spoke to another couple who had the same issue on arrival and they said they were upgraded to an ocean front room when they made a scene at the front desk so maybe that is the trick as we did see a few unhappy people at reception.
During our stay we had to contend with listening to every sound possible from under the connecting door , the shower leaking all over the floor, no jug to make a cup of tea (spoke to reception three times regarding this and the promise of having one sent up to our room never eventuated)
On the plus side the staff at the activity desk were very helpful and the staff in the restaurant at breakfast were all very nice they even served drinks to us in the line up to get a table.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort
- Honolulu Hyatt
- Hyatt Waikiki
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Olotels, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.