Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki from Nov1-3 on the beginning of an island hopping trip of Hawaii. Was somewhat disappointed at arrival. It is soooo crowed at the drop off point that it's overwhelming after a 10 hour flight. Once inside the lobby area is beautiful with an amazing waterfall. The check in staff was wonderful. Our room was a little lackluster, but since we were only staying 2 nights we also didn't splurge on the best. Our view stunk (again we didn't pay for a view) but it was ok for 2 nights.
We arrived rather late and ate at the Japengo restuarant. It was fabulous. Great service even though they were getting ready to close and we received a chilled bottle of champagne for the room since we were traveling for my 50th birthday.
I didn't care for what I saw in Oahu generally. It is very crowded with a lot of traffic to go even a small distance. Being from NY it seemed like 5th avenue with a beach, although a beautiful beach, waikiki is very crowded.
We were booked for a tour to Pearl Harbour which was fouled up and at the last second we spoke to the conceirge who was very kind and got us transportation to pearl harbour saving our only day in Oahu.
After returning to the resort, we had the best time at the pool for happy hour. They had a hula/fire dancer show in the lobby and the best happy hour drinks/prices that we saw in our entire trip. They had a band from 6-8ish and it was the best "nightlife" we experienced on our 11 day vacation. Overall the hotel was nice for the area, I just didn't care for the crowded atmoshpere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu