We had a fantastic week at the Hyatt during the month of October. It is a huge hotel, but I was never overwhelmed by the facility and all of the people. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had an ocean front room with incredible views of the sunset each evening. Being an early riser, I enjoyed watching the early a.m. surfers head out each morning with my cup of coffee on the lanai. The bathrooms could use a little updating. But, that wasn't a big deal.
The restaurants were wonderful. We had delicious breakfasts each morning at Shor. The omelet bar and fresh fruit was the best. On our way back to our room, we would pick up our Tommy Bahama "pack" chairs, with beach towels, to take to the beach each day. On the way back from the beach we would return our chairs to the pool and stop in at SWIM. A perfect place for cocktails, appetizers, or lunch! Dinners at both Japengo and Shor were absolutely delicious. Japengo's sushi was so fresh and good. I would order the fresh catch of the day when dining at Shor. (Try the Gelato for dessert!)
I enjoyed the Na Ho'ola Spa. I spent an afternoon being pampered there. It was lovely. The staff was excellent, and the service provided was well worth the money spent.
Something we noticed and mentioned to those that worked at the hotel, especially the wait staff at all three restaurants.....everyone seemed SO HAPPY!! Not only were they happy, they were just plain friendly!! Obviously they enjoyed their work and the management that they worked for.
We definitely would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu