My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Oahu, Hawaii. With little prior knowledge of Oahu we went on Expedia and booked our trip. We managed to get a really good deal at the Hyatt and booked away.
The location of this hotel was perfect! Right across from Waikiki and Kuhio beach. When we arrived we were immediately upgraded. We stayed in the Diamond Head Tower, oceanfront. When we arrived they also gave us a honeymoon coupon for a bottle of champagne for use at a restaurant or in room service.
We spent a lot of time at the pool thanks to the wonderful pool staff! The pool, albeit small, has a beautiful view of the beach and a great hot tub.
We loved the Hyatt on the Beach bar....great pizza at an affordable rate.
Expedia Concierge service was a tremendous help. We booked all of our tours through them. They were very knowledgeable and helpful and made you feel so comfortable. We went on the Heroes - Pearl Harbor Tour, Germaine's Luau, Hanauma Bay snorkeling, Atlantic Submarine and on the Surf Bus to the North Shore. If you go out the back door to Koa Ave. all tour buses stop right there and pick you up! It couldn't have been more convenient.
The biggest problem we had at this hotel were the elevators. There were 4 elevators for our tower and during our stay at least 1 or 2 were broken down for a few days. Also, the bathrooms could be updated...the shower/toilet part is very small.
I would definitely think of staying here again. Everything is at your fingertips...shopping, convenience stores (ABC), and food close by (Subway, KFC, Burger King, Roundhouse Pizza, etc.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with the magnificence and beauty of Hawaii at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Our welcoming Waikiki hotel offers the ultimate combination of personalized service, outstanding amenities and a perfect location close to all that embodies our island. Stroll to such landmarks as Diamond Head, Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium from our spectacular setting fronting Waikiki Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu