“You can't go wrong with Ron Wong!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: I provide private, personalized day tours on the island of Oahu. We would stop at scenic points, historical sites, great places to eat, interesting shops or wherever you might want to go.
Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“You can't go wrong with Ron Wong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I contacted Ron from Oahu Spot Tours to help us with the one day we had in Honolulu where we needed to be picked up from our hotel with all of our luggage and then be at the airport by 2pm for an overnight flight to New York. He was always very accommodating, prompt and friendly with his email replies and when we met him, he was the same! He made sure we had a great day seeing as many sights as we could, even though we only really had 6 hours. We have teenage sons who love to eat so he made sure we went to tasty affordable places for delicious local fare - Leonards bakery and Fresh Catch seafood were standouts and we went back to both on our return journey to Hawaii. Ron is friendly and personable, and really embodies the Aloha spirit that Hawaii is famous for! His van is clean and comfortable with large windows so you see the sights easily. It really is worth doing a tour with Oahu Spot tours as you get to tailor the day to suit you. Mahalo Ron!

Visited December 2013

Logansport, Indiana
“Unforgettable Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Have u ever had a good friend move away to a large city? You go visit them and they give you the GRAND tour. As u and your friend travel the city u share this and that about each others lives, laughing and joking along the way. That is EXACTLY how it is spending the day with Ron.

I, my 2 nieces and my sister-in-law visited Oahu in October last year. I did my research about Oahu Spot Tours and thought this was probably too good to be true, but I'll give it a try. As I made arrangements with Ron my excitement about his tour grew. A day of seeing sites I'd never seen and being surprised by them fueled my excitement.

I arranged for Ron to pick us up at the airport, thinking we could spend alittle time with him before our day tour and get to know him abit. He met us at the airport with a live lei flower greeting, not silk or shells. Needless to say by the time we got to our hotel I had NO DOUBTS I found the right tour guide and to think I did not have to share him with any other tourist on our tour, awesome.

I had sent Ron a small list of places we would like to see, but for the most part the tour was planned by Ron. We were not disappointed with his choices at all. I would share some of those choices but would like you to be as surprised as I. I will share one of my favorite places was the Valley of the Temples, it is one of the most beautiful and tranquil places you will ever visit.

The beautiful sites, sounds and smells of Oahu speak for themselves, sharing them with our friend Ron made them all the more AWESOME. Ron will share with you the true Aloha spirit.
Spend a day with Ron, you truly will not be disappointed. Mahalo from Indiana who has 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground!!!!!

Stockton, California
“Great day on Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We booked a trip with Ron for the last day of our 8 day vacation. We had been to Oahu in the past and had visited many popular spots during this vacation already so it was going to be a challenge to come up with something new for us. We had a marvelous time with Ron, he has a gift to appeal to all ages (we had our two sons ages 18 and 21 with us). I encourage anyone to spend a day with Ron and let him show you around and share his knowledge and love of his homeland. We especially liked the opportunity to visit the non tourist areas. Thanks for an awesome day Ron!

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour and Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Aloha and Mahalo Ron! We booked this tour for the 2nd day of our holiday in October last year. From the online booking process…. to pick up the morning of the tour….to the very end of our day, Ron was friendly, accommodating and very professional. He made us feel comfortable and treated us more like a friend than a tourist! He introduced us to the true Aloha spirit! Ron made sure some of our requests of what we wanted to see were also included in our day. We had hoped this tour would help us get our bearings in Hawaii and that it would provide us with information to help better understand and appreciate the people, the land and the culture of Hawaii. We were not disappointed. Ron, a local of Hawaii, was highly knowledgeable about all of this and we learnt so much. He took us to some places that were not typically the ‘tourist’ ones and filled our day with many interesting sights around the island. We were even welcomed into his home to meet some of his very large family! Ron also went above and beyond by organising the purchase of some Kendama’s (a toy he showed us on our tour, that were popular with the children in Hawaii and something I wanted to buy to take back home for my classroom) and personally delivered them to me when we returned over a week later from a trip to the Big Island! What a thoughtful and generous gesture! Ron, the kids loved them thanks! Overall, we had a wonderful day with Ron and would highly recommend this more personalised tour.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I highly recommend Ron, he is prompt, polite and just all out awesome. It doesn't matter what you would like to see, tell him and he will take you there! We left the Island tour up to Ron and it was great! Much better than spending hours and hours on a big tour bus, where you spend more time climbing in and out of a bus! Loved stopping at the spots Ron had chosen and it was great visiting the fruit stand too!

Thanks for an awesome tour!
Rebecca and Danny, Sydney Australia