“Basic,good clean hotel close to Waikiki beach” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Pay Now & Save 50%
Ranked #67 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Waikiki, Hawaii
“Basic,good clean hotel close to Waikiki beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A short 2 minute walk will see you with sand between your toes on Waikiki beach. The hotel is average, rooms were clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and checked within 4 hrs of arrival if everything was ok with the room. There was some noise but I slept through it. Room 510 could do with some blocking curtains over the bed as the light from the next building beams in during the night.
We were extremely grateful that our room was available for checkin when we arrived early morning from our Australian flight..
We would recommend this hotel to those who are budget conscious and don't have standards above their price range :)

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Gold Coast, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Rooms are nothing like the website. Old, dark and no windows (I dont count windows that are locked shut with a view of a wall ) Breakfast included but very ordinary, and it seemed that staff got the best food and we got what was left.
We also were charged $153 to our credit card after we left, despite pre-paying and settling the bill as we checked out. Our bank has sorted that one out in our favour as the hotel were ripping us off!

Room Tip: Don"t stay there!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Noisy with glass louvred windows but not bad. They provided breakfast every morning and coffee which was a nice touch. The wifi worked well too. Excellent locAtion not far from the beach. Down the corner is an awesome diner with great food and as always there is an abc shop close by.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you want to be close to Waikiki beach this is a great hotel to stay. The hotel is located pretty much in center Waikiki. Close to beach, shops, restaurants etc and I guess the hotel does fair price considering the area.
The room is ok however we missed a place to sit outside, so if you'd like that remember to ask before checking in.
The hotel does not have any areas, where you could sit except for the lobby.
The wifi was very much on and off- and we hardly had any in our room, but I believe it depends on which room??
The breakfast was not special, but you could grab a bite...
So staying central this could be a good choice..

Stayed May 2015
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although the rooms leave much to be desired, they are basic and functional. The best part of this hotel are the ladies at the front desk. They are incredibly warm, friendly and really feel like family. It's a funky little hotel but more suited to people without kids. Thank you to that amazing staff here!!!

Stayed May 2015
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stay Hotel isn't luxurious and far from a resort however it's exactly what's needed for a person to rest their head and unwind before the next island adventure. Clean, friendly and super hospitable. 1 block from the beach, ABC store a hop skip and a jump away, The Bus stops within 3 min walk. Close enough to the main drag (high end shopping centers, international market, fine dinning) but far away from the hustle and bustle.

Who can beat a $10/day resort fee when the others charge $30-$60/day. Okay there is no pool  but really? why chill in a pool when you can take a dip in that gorgeous turquoise ocean?!

I didn't see a single bug anywhere while I stayed. Trust me I checked. Even if I had, who am I kidding it's a tropical island .

I give Stay Hotel 5 stars because their customer service was outstanding. They made me feel special and welcomed me with such warm vibe. Checking in was fast. Gio at the front desk called me within few mins to see if I was comfortable in my room. No place has ever done that. He knew it was my birthday and any time he seen me he asked how my day was going and If i was enjoying my birthday/stay.

Staci at the front desk was also wonderful. She helped me print things needed for my tour and another time for airport documents.She to remembered where I was going or what I was doing and asked about my enjoyment whenever she seen me passing by.

They treated me kind, made me feel special and didn't see me as another face in the crowd. I would mos def stay again.

*view from room 707

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is very good, very close to the beach and they provide you beach towels and other beach stuff. Don´t expect confort or luxury, the rooms are very simple, with very bad light conditions at night and some noise. The staying may include a simple breakfast but you barely will have a place to sit while eating because they serve at the reception floor. Wi-fi connection is poor. Staff is very nice and firendly.

Room Tip: As far as possible from the karaoke bar on first floor
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Stay Waikiki? Share your experiences!