I physically checked out this property, on a previous vacation, prior to booking it. I had too, had read the many reviews that spoke of the bad & good, regarding this property. All that to say, we really were not in for too many surprises.
Other than, we purposely reserved a room that had the futon & a queen bed. I didn't realized there was more than one layout for this type of bedroom. Needless to say, though I called ahead & asked for a room above the 4th floor, one was not available for the first few nights of our (9 night) stay. By day 3, we were indeed, up higher, in a much better (roomier) layout.
The good: GREAT value (at the time I booked (Jan 12) for our Aug 12 vacation, I got one of those big rooms for $109. Smoking deal)!!! The staff. Cleanliness. DVD's to "borrow". Location (just one block from beach, and RIGHT next to surfboard rental shop).
The not so good: elevator was inoperable more than once (which normally wouldn't be a problem, but I was just getting over knee surgery). The pastries & "tang" were really not even worth bothering with. The windows are louvered glass - - makes it soooo darn easy for all kinds of noise to come in. No pool. No restaurant (these last 2 omissions didn't matter to us in the least).
If I was able to get that price again, I would book again in a heartbeat. But I do know that prices have gone up. I may still book again, but not quite as readily as I would have a the lower rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki Beach, Stay Hotel Waikiki is within a block of the ocean and the International Market Place. Also nearby are shopping on Kalakaua Avenue, the Honolulu Zoo and Diamond Head. We offer a 24-hour business center with free use of our business center computers. In addition, Stay Hotel Waikiki provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Some rooms include balconies with views. All guestrooms feature flat-panel televisions with cable channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Stay Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Stay Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu