“Fantastic location and convenient to UH Manoa” 4 of 5 stars

You added Stay Waikiki to your Saves list
Stay Waikiki
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 Koa Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #69 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
“Fantastic location and convenient to UH Manoa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

So close to the best part of Waikiki Beach (Diamond Head side) with every conceivable amenity right outside your door. Watch amazing boogie boarding near the pier. Stay Hotel Waikiki is clean and modern for a reasonable price. Intimate, laid back with no fuss and everything you need. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast, daily newspaper, flat screen tv, internet access and WiFi were all nice amenities, but there is a daily amenity fee associated with these. Parking available. Just stayed with my 18 year old son who will be attending UH Manoa in the Fall, so this was an excellent location for us to quickly zip up to campus for appointments. Much more traffic congestion and heavier foot traffic going toward the Ala Moana side of Waikiki which makes Stay Waikiki's location very convenient if you have a car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Prime location, extremely friendly and helpful staff(Chris was especially good with advice), clean. Just what we needed for a few nights. construction going on in the alley made for noise early, but that should be done soon.

Room Tip: Bunk beds were just fine for my daughter and myself.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stay hotel is a perfect location on Waikiki. It is only 1/2 a block from the beach. The hotel rate is very reasonable compare to other hotels in Waikiki. The housekeeper cleans the room daily and replaces your towel and bathroom needs. The hotel staff at the reception desk are friendly, helpful and they are willing to answer your questions. This is a newly renovated hotel so the rooms are clean and the furnitures are new. They even have a flat screen tv, playstation and an ipod dock . The hotel has washer and dryer which is so convenient. They provide beach towels, and beach accessories for the hotel guests to use for free. Overall, the hotel is a great value for your money on an excellent location in Waikiki.

Room Tip: Cleanliness, value, convenience to the transportation and stores and close to the Waikiki beach. Tr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel was perfect for what I needed. I was in town for only a couple of days. I picked this hotel based on the reviews stating that the staff was great. My experience with the staff was the best I have ever experienced. They were friendly and truly interested in me as a person. I had an unusual circumstance with my flight departure and the staff was helpful in figuring out a plan that would make my stay as easy as possible.
The room was comfortable and I enjoyed the brightness of it. I will be returning to the hotel the next time I am in town and would recommend this hotel to my friends as well.

• Stayed June 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I love this hotel:

+the service is excellent
+rooms are tidy
+staff is super friendly.
+overall state of the hotel is quite nice
+i was able to change the reservation so that i left a couple of days early with just one day notice and they didn't charge me any extra.

-breakfast served in the lobby from paper plates and cups and It was basically just toast and some pastries.
-quite noisy: the walls are thin and the windows basically let all the noise thru. You don't here much noise from the other rooms, but if you have a room with the window on the corridor side you'll hear the people going pass so well.

Only thing that bothered me was the noise, but i'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me that much.

Room Tip: Rooms non-hallway side and high are the best ones. since the windows are so thin.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The bad...
*Since we had a rental car we had to purchase a space within the tiny garage for a $15 per night fee, as there was no other parking option. Luckily we got the last spot. That fee was on top of the
**Our room had a balcony overlooking the apartment building directly next door. We had a running joke that there wasn't just 1 morning each week the garbage was picked up, it was every morning, as even though we were on the 5th floor, we could still hear everything from the street through the jalousie windows!
***The elevator needs to be replaced. It broke down twice while we were there. It's not cool when you have to climb the stairs twice in 1 morning & then attempt to surf. Admittedly the staff acknowledges this problem, but seems resigned that nothing will change any time soon.
****A duplicated $10 a night amenity fee that, even though it was included with our original pre-paid purchase price, was still tacked on at the end of our stay. Essentially making it $20 per day.

The good...
*This hotel is basic, clean, reasonably priced option about 2 blocks from the ocean. We stayed here for part of our stay on Oahu and choose this hotel as we knew we would not be spending much time in our room & more time exploring the island.
**Free beach accessories to "steal" for a day: mats, inflatables and boogie boards.
***Newer Ikea furnishings within cosmetically freshened rooms. iHome docs for alarm clocks.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room to contain the noise, just be ready to climb the stairs when the elevator inevi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We booked the “Deluxe Queen with Sofa bed” for 4 nights. We arrived 5 mins after the check-in time to make sure that we were there early in case we had a “chance” to request for a room with lanai. Unfortunately, we didn’t have that “chance”. I was greeted by “Char”. After I told her my last name, she told me that my room had a problem about electricity (didn’t call us beforehand at all?!?). She relocated us to Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel and booked “Partial Ocean View” room (with “breakfast”) for us. We were so tired from the flight and my husband was standing by in our rental car since the hotel parking was full, so I said “okay”. We found out when we arrived in the new hotel that we had a “Moderate Hotel Room” with balcony but no ocean-view at all, and there is no breakfast!!!!!! I called “Char ”and she said that the “Moderate Hotel Room” that she booked for us was “Bigger” than the “Deluxe Queen with Sofabed” room at Say Hotel Waikiki!?!?!?!?! She also said all the rooms at Stay Hotel didn’t have ocean-view neither. No mention anything about breakfast!!! I was so upset about this unprofessional big liar. But again, we were so tired and not in the situation that we were ready to fight for our right. We hate the fact that Stay Hotel didn’t try to contact us before we arrived. The hotel staff intentionally gave me the incorrect information and just wanted us to go away! So “STAY-AWAY” from STAY (AWAY) Hotel Waikiki, if you don’t want to have a bad experience like us!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stay Waikiki? Share your experiences!