“What we expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hokele Suites Waikiki

Save Saved
You added Hokele Suites Waikiki to your Saves list
Hokele Suites Waikiki
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   412 Lewers St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2436 (Formerly Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki) (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #74 of 83 hotels in Honolulu
“What we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was one of the better priced hotels we could find. It's close to the beach about 3 block but a bit further from Waikiki beach, still walking distance. The hotel it's self was a little dated but we found it clean, quiet and of an okay quality. The bathroom wasn't that nice and some of our doors wouldn't lock that we'll but despite that we felt safe.

I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Antioch, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I already wrote one review but I guess they monitor and cut out guest that had a terrible experience... My families first time to Hawaii I have been so many it is not funny... but this has to rate among one of the worst experiences for what I paid for and was garunteed by expedia and the hotel... it is old and I seen where other guest complained about a smell also, so it was not in our head... this could be a class act if they would put some pride and money back into it... the location is superb you are 5 minutes from about everything I liked... My kids when I opened the door went really, are you kidding us? My heart sank and then I got mad for the amount of money I paid... you have to be kidding... the staff I did like... and they finally put us in a suite that is equivalant to a motel six... I have traveled for 30 years across america as a minister and this was bad... so if you booked 4 months in advance like I did, and you paid what I paid, demand that they give you your moneies worth or don't book there at all...until they upgrade the hotel...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CRHHNL, General Manager at Hokele Suites Waikiki, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Aloha from the Hokele Suites Waikiki,
I am very sorry for the dissatisfaction while vacationing on the island Oahu.
We pride ourselves with friendly staff, quality services and clean rooms. We make every attempt to satisfy each and every guest and unfortunately not for a lack trying sometimes fail to measure up to ones expectations. I will say that we do satisfy the vast majority of our visitors. Our mantra is to do our best with Service with Aloha and clean rooms and being priced appropriately. As we realize guest satisfaction is the key to success. We are a three and a half star property and will endeavor to consistantly maintain and even improve on our star rating. Again we are extremely sorry and rest assured I will share your comments with our staff in an effort to improve on the quality of our hotel.

Mahalo Nui Loa and Aloha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Eight blokes stayed at this hotel for a four day bucks party before the wedding day. Didn't want to spend to much when we were hardly in the room and couldn't remember anyway. The hotel room was, as expected, small with hardly any amenities but it was clean, close to the main drag and within walking distance to quite a few bars. Would not stay there with the wife or family but with seven other guys it was perfect.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep and take a shower, this is the hotel for you. It was clean, the staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel has not had any upgrades since it was built and the furniture is from the 1970's. The pool was clean and refreshing, beach is about 4 blocks away. On our last morning there was a woman screaming loudly outside, apparently a prostitute and a John had an altercation which lead to her " boss" beating the stuffing out of him. There was also a resident homeless man at the corner ABC store. All in all, you just need to be careful and observant. I was traveling with a group and we had children so we were usually in before it got to late.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Over all this place hit the spot. It's a great safe location close to a lot of things, then again I live in Hawaii so I don't feel like Waikiki is big enough to say "dang that's a far walk." I threw my boyfriends 21st birthday here. We were loud at one point and were asked to keep it down but that's a given so to respect our floormates, we kept the noise at a minimum. We understood it was late.

There are only three things I did not like.
1. The front desk lady, Asian, tall, didn't speak great English, and I don't know if she understood what I was saying very much. Basically, when you stay here the maximum amount of cars that can park in the lot under the building is 2 cars. The rest have to park at a second location. That lady didn't give us the directions to that place so we parked our third car somewhere else thinking that was the place she was talking about. Then at check out they charged us for $20 parking. But we explained the situation and the new front desk lady, local lady, helped us out and reimbursed us.

If you stay here and that happens, remember to return your parking ticket when you get back to your hotel.

2. The pool is visible from the road. I didn't wanna swim because of that and cause I'm shy.

3. There was only a shower. I was hoping for a tub but, oh well.

I liked this place. It was simple with a dash of awesome.

• Stayed May 2013
Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

if you are looking at a very budget but good pleasant location
nice room where you can cook your own food
nearby there is a lots of convenience store
near to the waikiki beach,and waikiki shopping strip,the international market
and if you like those branded stuff,there is also the dfs galleries and royal hawaliian mall
just out of the hotel,you will find a nearby bus stop to all major attraction like
ala monla,pearl harrbour,diamonad hill,downtown etc

Room Tip: improve the cleaniless of the room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This stay was more than disappointing! the worst customer service we have ever had. when we checked in the girl was on the phone the whole time and only looked up to give us our keys and said the elevator is over there and than we asked for a queen bed and got 2 twins that we had to push together plus the room was dirty had gum on the headboards, I turned on the sink then looked at my hands they were black and beer bottle tops on the floor, we don't drink so the housekeeping needs HELP!!! You have to pay for wifi and coffee your first packs it free then you pay for the rest. the shower is only big enough for one person , so I couldn't even take a shower with me husband. this place had one local girl that was very nice and helped us find good food at great prices. we will NEVER stay here again. It looks like and is a big piece a crap inside&out .your sheet will only get change every 4 days. If you want a place that you can wake up have breakfast and start you day this is not it they only serve Japanese food and are open for few hours in morning,noon,night but if you want a great breakfast its a little walk dukes is well worth it with a great beach front view to match. There is also an ihop on the corner across the street that has food/prices.

Room Tip: there is no fitness center as well as no room service. the filter in the a/c was dirty so we took it...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hokele Suites Waikiki? Share your experiences!