“On a budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hokele Suites Waikiki

You added Hokele Suites Waikiki to your Saves list
Hokele Suites Waikiki
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   412 Lewers St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2436 (Formerly Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki) (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #73 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
“On a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Eight blokes stayed at this hotel for a four day bucks party before the wedding day. Didn't want to spend to much when we were hardly in the room and couldn't remember anyway. The hotel room was, as expected, small with hardly any amenities but it was clean, close to the main drag and within walking distance to quite a few bars. Would not stay there with the wife or family but with seven other guys it was perfect.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep and take a shower, this is the hotel for you. It was clean, the staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel has not had any upgrades since it was built and the furniture is from the 1970's. The pool was clean and refreshing, beach is about 4 blocks away. On our last morning there was a woman screaming loudly outside, apparently a prostitute and a John had an altercation which lead to her " boss" beating the stuffing out of him. There was also a resident homeless man at the corner ABC store. All in all, you just need to be careful and observant. I was traveling with a group and we had children so we were usually in before it got to late.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Over all this place hit the spot. It's a great safe location close to a lot of things, then again I live in Hawaii so I don't feel like Waikiki is big enough to say "dang that's a far walk." I threw my boyfriends 21st birthday here. We were loud at one point and were asked to keep it down but that's a given so to respect our floormates, we kept the noise at a minimum. We understood it was late.

There are only three things I did not like.
1. The front desk lady, Asian, tall, didn't speak great English, and I don't know if she understood what I was saying very much. Basically, when you stay here the maximum amount of cars that can park in the lot under the building is 2 cars. The rest have to park at a second location. That lady didn't give us the directions to that place so we parked our third car somewhere else thinking that was the place she was talking about. Then at check out they charged us for $20 parking. But we explained the situation and the new front desk lady, local lady, helped us out and reimbursed us.

If you stay here and that happens, remember to return your parking ticket when you get back to your hotel.

2. The pool is visible from the road. I didn't wanna swim because of that and cause I'm shy.

3. There was only a shower. I was hoping for a tub but, oh well.

I liked this place. It was simple with a dash of awesome.

• Stayed May 2013
Sentosa Island, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

if you are looking at a very budget but good pleasant location
nice room where you can cook your own food
nearby there is a lots of convenience store
near to the waikiki beach,and waikiki shopping strip,the international market
and if you like those branded stuff,there is also the dfs galleries and royal hawaliian mall
just out of the hotel,you will find a nearby bus stop to all major attraction like
ala monla,pearl harrbour,diamonad hill,downtown etc

Room Tip: improve the cleaniless of the room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This stay was more than disappointing! the worst customer service we have ever had. when we checked in the girl was on the phone the whole time and only looked up to give us our keys and said the elevator is over there and than we asked for a queen bed and got 2 twins that we had to push together plus the room was dirty had gum on the headboards, I turned on the sink then looked at my hands they were black and beer bottle tops on the floor, we don't drink so the housekeeping needs HELP!!! You have to pay for wifi and coffee your first packs it free then you pay for the rest. the shower is only big enough for one person , so I couldn't even take a shower with me husband. this place had one local girl that was very nice and helped us find good food at great prices. we will NEVER stay here again. It looks like and is a big piece a crap inside&out .your sheet will only get change every 4 days. If you want a place that you can wake up have breakfast and start you day this is not it they only serve Japanese food and are open for few hours in morning,noon,night but if you want a great breakfast its a little walk dukes is well worth it with a great beach front view to match. There is also an ihop on the corner across the street that has food/prices.

Room Tip: there is no fitness center as well as no room service. the filter in the a/c was dirty so we took it...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotel needs a lot of upgrades. Not sure why this hotel is Eco friendly, when they also have Smoking rooms on level five and above. No room service & no exercise room. This was a last minute change of plans due to Spring Break, and was unable to get to Hilo. We were just happy that Castle Resorts had a sister property available in Honolulu during Spring Break! Centrally located, but not close enough to the beach. Had a great time, but needed more beach time!

Room Tip: Any room from the 5th floor up is designated smoking. Older hotel, but staff very helpful & fri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Apple Valley, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family (extended) stayed here for my wife's birthday in Oct 2012. My mother-in-law booked the hotel based on a different website's reviews.

I'll start at the parking garage and work my way up from there.

If you rent a car, be ready to pay $20 to have your car either blocked by staff vehicles at all hours of the day or since the basement parking garage is so small, you might need to park elsewhere and walk two blocks back to the hotel. My mother-in-law and my wife both have moderate mobility issues due to injuries, and have handicap parking placards - on more than one occasion hotel staff were parked in the ONE handicap parking spot this hotel has.

Hotel - looks old, used, and dirty. There is a low, sitting level wall around the front of the hotel. There are always odd, nefarious-looking people hanging around the front of the hotel. You need to "run the gauntlet" through them to get from the garage to the lobby. The pool was the cleanest thing in the lobby area, thankfully since my 2 year old daughter loves the water. There is some sort of Asian buffet attached to one side of the lobby/pool area - be ready for the busloads of people that show up for dinner. Most of them smoke too.

Even though the reservations were booked six months in advance, both in my father-in-laws name, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their girlfriend and boyfriend were put on a different floor.

The Room - Tired, old furnishings, carpet should have been burned years ago. My in-laws took the master bedroom, and my wife, daughter and I took the other room with two queen beds. My wife and I had planned on each taking one bed and taking turns having our little one sleep with us, but the crater-sized dip in the center of her mattress made this impossible. Our baby girl kept rolling to the center, and my wife couldn't move for fear of squishing her.

The door on the small dormitory fridge in the kitchen nook would catch on the surrounding counter top, and do it's best to remove the fingers of the unwary.

The One Bathroom - Anemic water pressure, and intermittent hot water. The shower is so small, short, and oddly shaped I'm still not sure how my 6' 3" father-in-law used it successfully. Oh, there's no fan to remove usual bathroom odors or moisture either.

The highlights of this hotel was either the transvestite who was staying in the room across from ours, turning tricks, or the plethora of pigeons that roosted on our balcony at all hours of the day!!! I've never seen so much bird crap!

Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else but this place!

For the ratings below:

No fitness center

Only "Kids Activities" was the pool, if you could call it that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hokele Suites Waikiki? Share your experiences!