“Good hotel with high value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hokele Suites Waikiki

You added Hokele Suites Waikiki to your Saves list
Hokele Suites Waikiki
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   412 Lewers St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2436 (Formerly Castle Hokele Suites Waikiki) (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #72 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Darmstadt, Germany
“Good hotel with high value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel is central located with all amenities nearby. Restaurants, shopping mals and beaches are easy to get to. The room was very clean and the service good. Also there is an airport shuttle service and bus lines are very close/ low priced. I parked my rental car at Ala Wai Blvd, where parking lots are free (but not immediately available at some day times). ABC Store is arround the corner. Would stay another 6 weeks there. High value for money! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Kailua, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were supposed to stay here for a week while looking for a home (military family). I cannot believe that this was approved by the military for us to stay in. They are wasting their money. For the same amount of money for a one bedroom suite we could have stayed in a much cleaner place. It is a complete DUMP. My son's feet became black after a few minutes of walking around. I cringed every time my toddler would lay on the ground (it is so difficult to keep a toddler off the ground!). The kitchen was full of fruit flies. It was so bad that I had to cover my sandwich in between bites so the flies wouldn't get to them. The bathroom was disgusting. We ended up leaving after 2 days, and pricelined a hotel for the same price -- a very nice hotel. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE! There are plenty of other hotels in Waikiki...clean ones! This place should be shut down by they health department.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CastleKonaBaliKai, General Manager at Hokele Suites Waikiki, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Aloha,
I am sorry that your experience last year was not a good one. We now have a very consistent shampoo program in place. I wish I had known of the problems you incurred while you here and feel free to contact me should you wish.
Mahalo,
Larry Mayo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Was happy with the location. The place was clean and nice pool. Cant say I was impressed with the Front desk staff when I arrived after a long 91/2 hr flight. I had requested an upper floor studio w/queen bed and was given a room on 2nd floor right opposite a"live" parking lot - it was depressing -car lights on... noisey!!!! I booked and paid for 11 nights. The following day after much debating with the front desk, they found a room on 4th flloor overlooking the pool - thankgod!.. Bed wasnt that comfortable but everything worked fine, the room was cleaned daily. There were some really nice front desk staff - always happy to oblidge. Despite some negatives it is a good place to stay, very reasonablly priced. They certainly could do with an upgrade in beds!.I had a great time in Waikiki. Aloha!

Room Tip: choose high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The location was fine. The rooms provided adequate space and facilities. The standard of cleanliness was ok. Daily servicing was random but no big deal. The front desk staff were clearly not intersted in being there and there was no service. If you dared to make a request it was looked upon with some distain. Some of our fellow guest behaviour was not pretty pretty especially the person that threw up near the lift. No shame.
However despite these negatives we had a BLAST and would consider staying hear again. We did not have great expectations as we opted for a low star rating for a place we could all be together at a reasonable cost, so we had more resourses for SHOPPING. And shop we did

Room Tip: Airconditioning was noisy in all rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was going to Honolulu for a couple of days before moving on the another island so I wanted to
find a hotel that was reasonable, clean, safe and close in to all the goings on. I looked at this
hotel and decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. I was absolutely satisfied with the hotel and it's staff. For the money it is hard to beat. The location was very convenient and transportation by bus, etc. was a block away. Now they don't change the sheets every day (do you at home?) which they advise you of so that is not a surprise but they do clean the room daily and I felt the property was fine. If you want someplace that changes the sheets daily and you can get room service then stay at a Hyatt, Sheraton or Marriott where you pay at least 3 times what you would pay here but if that is not a problem then give the Castle Hokele a try. Hopefully you will like it as well as I did. I would absolutely stay here again when visiting Waikiki.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are good if it is just you or two of you traveling together but if you want some pr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
don't like telling my location
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I don't know what part of the Hokele Hotel the people who wrote bad reviews stayed maybe on the roof or under the hotel or something. My Husband and I stayed there March of 2012 and the Hotel was very clean. Come on now it is centerally located near every Restraurant & transportation in waikikii, no matter where you stay here on earth bugs might suddenly apear even at your house. We have stayed in upscale hotels in our day and a few spiders and roaches showed up but we reported the little critters right away. Any thing that we ask for at the Hokele Hotel we got it right away including fixing a toliet that was too hard to flush. If there are 'maybe' ladies of the night going in and out during weekend nights just try staying at more expensive Hotels, the same thing might happen, noise too. Just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater (so they say) and say the Hokele Hotel is a dump. All Hotels have their drawbacks. When my Husband gets well we will stay there again.

Just a shoutout to Renale, front desk person (great Person) who knows her job.
Mrs. Somerville from NC

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the building, Corner suites. I will choose 1st and 2nd floors next time...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

In short, you get what you pay for. I came to those hotel actually expecting worse. The living area/kitchen was good sized, decent sized bedroom, smallish bathroom. But the bed was comfy and everything worked quite well - albeit the "kitchen" is somewhat of a joke it works fine and we cooked multiple meals there. The room was fairly damp and had a somewhat dank smell (not bad, just a little off) but you don't notice it once your there for 2 minutes. It is in a good location right on major bus lines and easy walking distance from the main strip and Waikiki.
My one major issue: nothing was swiped while we were staying, but I left a jacket in the closet when checking out. I noticed this not more than an hour later, but they claimed that no one or housekeeping ever found anything. I even called back multiple times multiple days later and still nothing. Too bad, because the staff seemed nice... So caution: don't leave anything in the rooms when you check out.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the pool, you will get more light than if you face the buildings right next do...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hokele Suites Waikiki? Share your experiences!