“Couldn't ask for a better experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
5 attraction reviews
“Couldn't ask for a better experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My brother and I both took a semi private session. He was nervous that because the price was lower than other others around, that the quality wouldn't be as good, Man was he wrong. We both were standing up riding the waves within no time. There were two instructors Ryan and Mooch, the photographer (forgot his name), and Al, all who also gave use great tips on how to improve. They were all so nice, helpful, and encouraging. I couldn't imagine the experience being any better. I highly recommend them.

Visited April 2013

phoenix
9 attraction reviews
“Awesome Surf Lessons - Awesome Guys - Affordable - FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The one and only thing my 12 year old wanted to do when she got to Honolulu was go surfing. So, I researched the different surf schools. Most were rather expensive. I came across Alysha Surf School and knew that they were the ones I was choosing. When I talked to Al, he gave me an awesome price that beat everyone else even with it being a private lesson and he was so nice and professional on the phone that I felt very comfortable choosing him. We met up with him at the beach, he supplied everything we needed. Talked briefly and he explained everything and he even convinced me to surf with my daughter. He was all about safety first but, also about having fun. He is an awesome surf instructor and I'm so glad I found him. Al was patient with us both and very professional. He made sure that we understood everything including safety and worked with us on shore until he and we felt we were ready for the water. When we got out into the water, both my daughter and I were able to get up on our first try. Al is an awesome teacher, especially if he was able to get my 40 year old butt out there on a board and up on my first try. We had so much fun, we made sure we gave him a nice tip and we also scheduled a 2nd lesson with him the next day. 2nd day was just as much fun as the first. If you're looking for surf lessons and a great surf instructor at extremely reasonable prices, Al is your guy. You won't regret it!

Visited April 2013
Los Osos, California
28 attraction reviews
“Fun, Expert and Affordable Surfing and Paddle-boarding Lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Albert met us at our hotel with his cute assistant. We followed him to the local surf spot, where he supplied the boards, reef shoes and rash guard. We provide our own sunscreen, swim suits and water. After a lesson in water safety and the basics of beginning surfing, we went out into the water and started surfing. My wife, my daughter and I all stood up and we all had a blast. After about 2 hours in the waves we all tried paddle-boarding on the nearby lagoon. It was a little tame/lame after surfing, but fun. I would recommend Albert as he is very knowledgeable, funny, and his lessons are very affordable. His surfing lessons are also listed online as Waikiki Surf Lessons. Albert's number is 808-375-3137. Albert also arranged for a photographer who took pictures of us and provided a disc for a reasonable fee.

Visited March 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Great guys and prompt service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent day on the water. We had a one on one lesson, both gentlman where very informative. My wife and i both had a great experience and even managed to stand up on a few. With out the knowledge and experience of our instructors we would never have enjoyed it as much as we did. My wife and i highly recommend alyshas for the first timer looking for great instructors at reasonable price.

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“First time surfers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My friend and I booked a lesson with Alysha Surf School after reading all the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.
We were not dissappointed. Albert picked us up at our hotel early in the morning and took us to a quiet area of Waikiki beach. After a thorough land lesson, he took us in the water and both my friend and I caught our first wave. We not only got up, but rode the wave and got down, turned around and paddled back out. He was so encouraging and knew just how to pick the right wave for each of us. We are both 47 year old women who were looking for an adventure and a fun time and Albert was awesome.
He has an excellent safety record and his timing on the beach was perfect. As soon as our lesson was over, other instructors and students started coming out.
We would both highly recommend him to anyone.
Ask him about his Secret Waterfall Tour as well, not to be missed but that's another review.....

Visited November 2012