The Aston Waikiki Beach Tower is easily (and often) confused with a couple other Asten properties with confusingly similar names, and it's essential that you recognize the word "Tower" in the name of the hotel, located at the corner of Kalakaua Ave. and Liliuokalani Ave. Cars, taxis, etc. must enter the property via Liliuokalani Ave., making the official address on Kalakaua Ave. a little confusing (and two other hotels with which it is often confused also have Kalakaua addresses).
The 40-floor building looks like it was intended to be a condominium apartment structure, not a hotel. The units -- mostly 2-bedroom, a few 1-bedroom -- are amazingly spacious and well laid-out, all with large balconies facing the ocean. There are 4 units per floor and 4 elevators, so the wait time for an elevator is rarely more than a minute or so. Parking is free (almost unheard of in Waikiki) with a very efficient valet service, though the hotel's vehicle entrance can become jammed at times. The apartments are beautifully furnished, with fully-equipped kitchens and very effective dual-zone air-conditioning.
The staff is pleasant and helpful, housekeeping is proficient, and public areas (e.g., pool) are very will maintained. Because the property is so very much like a condominium apartment building, there are no restaurants, gift shops, or boutiques in the hotel -- which eliminates the congestion that such establishments create. Location couldn't be better. It is totally safe, directly across the street from Waikiki Beach, and with countless excellent shops and restaurants within a 10-minute walk. The daily room charge is augmented by an additional $25 amenities fee (becoming all to common at upscale hotels), and Honolulu's taxes on hotel charges are among the nation's highest. So, this is one of the more expensive hotels in Waikiki, but I think most people would agree that you are receiving what you pay for in terms of a high-quality hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu