“Very Good, but not fantastic” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 11 sites
Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Beach Tower to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2470 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
15% OFF FALL TRAVEL
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Maitland, Australia
“Very Good, but not fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great location, just back from the beach, and good views from front on. Front desk staff were helpful, without being overly interested in the guests there, and it is hidden away a bit too.
Pool was working on 1st July, which was our arrival date and true to their word that that would be the case. Spa bath though was too hot, and sauna (for those that like these) was old, used an old timer system and barely warmed up- my only really beef as I like this particular facility.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tower96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Aloha!

And Mahalo to these guests for staying with us and for taking time to share their Waikiki vacation experience with us.

I am really happy to see they found our location ideal for their vacation needs as we're right across from famous Waikiki beach! I also noted their comments about our guest services staff and I am very sorry that they may have seemed indifferent as they normally receive very high praise from our guests. I also noted their comments about the jet-spa as we check the water quality and temperature daily and I will be sure to have our maintenance department check the equipment.

I am really happy to see this guest really enjoys our property and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the future!

Aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family of 5 just returned from a trip that included a stay in Waikiki. The 2-bedroom condo was a great find. While our view of the ocean was somewhat obscured by the building in front of us, we could still see the beach. The beach was just across the street, and there were many options for food and shopping within a few blocks.
The 2-bedrooms and pullout sofa worked well for our family with teens. The condo was well-stocked with beach chairs, beach towels and an umbrella. Coffemaker and washer/dryer were very welcome too. It made for a very comfortable, easy stay in Waikiki.

Room Tip: upper floors have unobstructed ocean view
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tower96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Aloha!

And Mahalo to these guests for staying with us and for taking time to share with Waikiki vacation experiences with us.

I was really happy to see that they found their partial-ocean view suite a "great find" and that our location which is right across from famous Waikiki Beach provided them with many options for dining and shopping. I was also happy to see that they found their unit well-stocked with amenities that made their stay "comfortable and easy in Waikiki" as we have really tried our best to make our units like "home".

Mahalo again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them in the future!

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed 8 nights, excellent location, literally across the rd from the beach! We had amazing views from direct ocean front apartment 35th floor. Comfortable bed, slept well every night. Very spacious living area for two adults and two teenagers. Large balcony to enjoy the ocean view. We would def return. Very helpful staff, easy to book shuttles, get beach towels etc. DVD rental was an added bonus. On site pool isn't huge but we visited it nearly every day. Surrounded by restaurants and easy walk to shopping options. Happy to recommend this property.

Room Tip: If you can afford the direct beach front apartment, def choose it. Amazing views! We stayed on the 3...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
tower96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for sharing their Waikiki vacation experience with us!

I was really happy to see they found our location to be ideal for their vacation needs and that they found the views from their 35th floor suite to be "excellent". I was especially happy to see that they found our staff to be really accommodating as everyone tries their very best to make each and every guest experience the best it can be.

MAHALO once again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom condo privately at the Ashton which was fully stocked with all the essentials (plates, linen, towels etc). Fantastic location right across from the beach and handy to all the local shops and restaurants. Never heard any noise from the other room on our floor. The only downfall was the pool was closed due to renovations on the outside of the towers.Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Aloha,

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for sharing their Waikiki vacation experiences on this post.

I was really happy to see they found our location to be ideal for the their vacation needs as world-class shopping and beach going are all within easy walking distance of our property. I was also happy to see they found their furnishings to their liking as we have tried to make our suites as close to "home" as possible.

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was amazing! My family and I loved every minuet of it. It's only a short walk from the beach and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Our only complaint is that the elevators took forever. At one point we waited almost ten minuets for it. Otherwise everything else was great!

Stayed June 2014
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Thank you Aston for making our family vacation so memorable. We travelled with our 3 boys aged 9, 6 and 2 years for 5 nights. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel we had a friendly concierge staff greet us and helped us with our bags. Check in staff was fantastic and friendly. Kalani handed my boys a beach bucket set each on arrival and also offered them a card to be able to go to level 4 to hire DVD'd for free. I mentioned that it was a shame that we couldn't access the pools due to renovations and he kindly upgraded us to the fully 2 bedroom ocean view apartment. The kitchen and the apartment was so well equipped. Loved how we had our own washing machine and dryer.
Location was just perfect, we are opposite to the beach and shopping and lots of restaurants was at our door step. Honolulu Zoo was only less than 10 mins walk away.
Most Hotels need you to pay per day for parking, and some don't even have parking at the hotel. Aston offers free Valet parking and it doesn't take long for the guys to pick up our car.
Aston can do with new carpets and furniture. But I guess it adds to the feel of Hawaii.
I will definately stay at this apartment again should we go back to Oahu.
Thanks again for making us feel at home.
Regards,
Diana Ha

Room Tip: Ask for higher level when checking in, even if you book partial ocean view room its still a pretty g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
tower96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking time to share their Waikiki vacation experiences with us!

I was really happy to see they found our location to be "perfect" as we're right across from famous Waikiki Beach where swimming and sunning are just a "few" steps from our front entrance. We have also tried to make our suites like 'home" and have received many, many comments about our appointments and how convenienct it is to have a washer and dryer in the suite. Most importantly, I was really happy to see their comments about our staff as each and every person really tries their very best to ensure each guest experience is the best it can be. I did note their comments about our furniture and I'm happy to share with them that a master plan is being developed for the property which includes the suite interiors and we can't wait to get started.

MAHALO again to these guests for staying with us and I sincerely hope we have the opporutnity of hosting them and all of you in the near future!

ALOHA!
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We paid extra for an ocean view and we did get that. What we didn't get was the use of our balcony for the week we stayed here. Apparently the outside of the building is being repainted, so all sliding doors to balconies were blocked off! Although no work was done on the Saturday, Sunday, or Memorial Day Monday we were there, we could only look at the ocean through the doors and not sit out on the balcony we thought we were getting.
The pool is on the front side of the hotel (where the painting was going on), so it too was out of service, locked off, and unavailable to us for the entire week.
The room itself was nice and the location is convenient, but it would have been nice to have advance notice that we would not get what we paid extra for, or even offered some discount to compensate for the lack of facilities we should have been able to enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for sharing their comments about their experiences at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower.

I would like to begin by extending my sincerest apologies to these guests who were not informed of the exterior enhancement project that is going on at the property. We have really tried our very best to ensure that all of our travel partners are kept as current as possible on the status of the project as we want to ensure that no one is surprised as to what is taking place at the property. Some of the balconies and the pool were closed when these guests stayed with us and it was done for the safety of all of our guests and the contractors working on the building. I will be meeting with our sales team to ensure that all of our travel partners are aware of the project so that they may share this information with their clients.

I would once again like to extend my sincerest apologies to these guests and I really hope we have the opportunity of hosting them in the future.

Aloha!

Been to Aston Waikiki Beach Tower? Share your experiences!