Location – Just across the street from the Kuhio beach park and a little further down from the more crowded area of hotels on the beach, this leads to a quieter stay. You are just minutes away by foot from restaurants and gifts shops, and just seconds away from the beach. There is a bus stop across the street, a trolley stop and the free shuttle to Hilo Hattie. We were able to get the bus from the airport to Waikiki, and walk just two blocks to the hotel. The entrance is very low key, and if you weren’t paying attention, you might even miss it. You walk under a trellised archway to the lobby, which is smart if nothing special.
Check-in – Upon check-in, all our paper work was smoothly processed, with the utmost civility. We had a couple of questions, which the receptionist answered fully. She even then showed us to the room, and walked us round all the amenities. They had left us a bottle of champagne and a box of Godiva chocolates for the Hawaii 50/senior citizen special offer – very classy. We had a question about the password for the WiFi, and although it was written on the side of the modem, because it was not on a card on the desk where it should be, within 5 minutes a card with the correct details was brought to the room.
Room – We decided to go for the full ocean view, and it is worth the extra! We were on the 32nd floor, so although you are not directly on the beach, you have a complete and unobstructed view of the ocean, and to the left, a nice view of Diamond Head. We spent a lot of time on the lanai, which had 4 chairs, a table, foot stool and lounger. If you don’t want to eat out every night, then this room has a fully fitted kitchen, with large oven, fridge/freezer and all the cooking equipment you might need. It even has a dishwasher. This unit had two bedrooms, both with TVs, and the master bedroom with sliding doors out on to the lanai. The living room had a very comfortable sofa, and one the most high-tech and largest TVs I’ve ever seen in a hotel room! Nice cable line-up and a lot of HD channels, as well as a DVD player. Coffee maker with tea and coffee restocked daily and even cookies during turn down. Shower was roomy and came with nice high-end selection of toiletries. There is a safe in the closet, big enough for a laptop.
Restaurant – No restaurant in the hotel, but there is in room dining. But there are so many restaurants within a short walk that this is not something you will miss.
Amenities – Has some of the amenities you would expect, but no fitness center or business center. However, if you needed something printed out, I’m sure the staff would be more than happy to do it. I didn’t find that I missed a particular amenity during our stay.
Check-out – Check out was their usual courteous standard, and was accurate and efficient. They asked if we needed a taxi or any help with our luggage. The staff is very focused on detail, which I appreciated.
Pay the extra for the full ocean view, you won’t regret it! The staff is some of the most courteous and helpful that I have ever encountered at a hotel. The March 26th review, I have to totally disagree with – she must have stayed at a different place, or have excessively high standards. Much as I have loved staying at some of the hotels right on the beach in the past, it would be hard to stay somewhere else again next time I am in Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu