“2nd time staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Beach Tower to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2470 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
10% Off with #AstonLife
Ranked #11 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
“2nd time staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower in May 2012 and also April 9-16, 2013. My son has a lot of food and environmental allergies so we need a hotel/condo with a kitchen so we can cook his own food. The view is absolutely beautiful. The condo is spacious and the lanai is big. It is just steps from the beach and also just steps away from all of the shops/stores in Waikiki. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The maids, valet, and front desk always greet us and some even remembered us from our stay last year. It is a perfect place to stay for those with kids. The washer and dryer in the room also come in handy because you can wash all your wet clothes from the beach. We have stayed at the condos at the Hilton Hawaiian Village but the location and staff at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower are hands down ---thee best. We hope to return again next year. Thank you everyone at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower for making our stay memorable and enjoyable. Aloha from California.

• Stayed April 2013

728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had moved out of the last condo on the beach after 4 nights hoping for the holiday we were all dreaming of......we couldn't have asked for more...the minute we walked into the foyer we were greeted with smiles and helpful staff. There is only one chance to make a first impression and they all did it so well. We were checked in early and shown 2 amazing ocean deluxe rooms. We opted to pay for an upgrade to a two bed two bathroom so our daughter didn't need to Sleep on a pullout.Room 2902 is on a front and corner with amazing views of the beach and diamond head with large lanai directly across the road from the beach.our room was just like the photo on the website so we couldn't have asked for more.no flat screen tv but that was no problem as we were here to tick off snorkelling ,surfing ,and shopping..
Lots of afternoon sun on the lanai and pool area. Pool itself is small but idea for a quick cool off.
PROS.
Staff are all so helpful and friendly
Location and view
Wifi in the room is free
Large, modern huge condo with washer, drier, and everything you need in the kitchen.
Light, bright and clean.
Surfboard storage.
Pool

CONS
The aircon is noisy but we are a family that would rather sleep with ceiling fans not aircon
That we probably can't afford to stay here again.

We found all condos to be very expensive when spending kiwi $$ but to stay in waikiki and not stay on the beach just didn't seem right.

Love every minute of our stay here.....thank you

Room Tip: Try to get above level 10 to get an un obstructive view and possibly even higher once the new McDona...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I took my family to Hawaii for the first time in January 2013. There are six of us and the children are grown (17 - 22 years). We were delighted with our one week stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower. We stayed in Unit 2601, a premium oceanfront two bedroom/two bathroom apartment, with two children sharing the sofa bed in the lounge. The recently renovated apartment was comfortable for six people, with good sized rooms and cupboards for the children staying on the sofa bed to offload their belongings. The kitchen and lounge overlooked the ocean while the bedrooms were at the back of the apartment and overlooked the mountains. The large lanai provided spectacular views of the beach and Diamond Head. The free Wi-Fi was a hit with the children.

Everything was very clean and housekeeping provided clean linen daily and a turn down service every night.

The service here is amazing; everyone was so friendly and helpful including the front desk staff, the bell staff and housekeeping. Nothing was too much trouble and they provided good advice on rental vehicles and restaurants.

Everything was in walking distance with the beach across the road, an ABC store downstairs and restaurants and shopping just up the road in walking distance. We hired a vehicle for 2 days to see the North Shore and the beaches on the eastern side

The apartment block is old style and dated however the position and the service provided are the big winners here. We would love to stay at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We rented a two bedroom condo for 8 days in 2007. I could not have been happier with the entire set up. Two bedrooms, two baths, living room, dining, kitchen and patio. The views are great. The location is very convenient, literally across the street from the beach. Convenience store a few doors down, restaurants and shopping at every turn.

I still talk about the wonderful smell of the flowering vines that envelope the entrance. It was a dream.
Great staff!

Room Tip: Get above the 10th floor to ensure a clear view to the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I just returned tonight from a great trip to Hawaii. I wanted to share a few things about our experience with this hotel so that others don't show up for their reservations and are surprised like we were. The website is very very deceiving. The hotel is very run down and needs some re-decorating in a bad way. As we pulled into the parking garage and walk into the lobby, I burst into tears. I couldn't believe the pictures I saw online were the same hotel I was standing in. The lobby was freezing cold, poorly decorated and had an odd smell like a public bathroom. I looked at my husband and said "You've got to be kidding me! I am not staying here if the rooms look anything like the lobby". The receptionist took us to the 2 bedroom condo we had reservations for and OMG I lost it. It looked like a retirement home's room, NOTHING like the 2 bedroom room shown on the virtual tour on their website. They then told me that the room had just been renovated. Really!?! WOW! We went back downstairs where the receptionist got her manager and went back upstairs to see another 2 bedroom room. Now this one looked just like the one on the website. I am then told "well this one is the ocean view room and is actually more money, but we will go ahead and upgrade you to make your stay enjoyable" I was very very happy about this. However, nowhere on the website does it state that the 2 bedroom room on the virtual tour is only pictures of the ocean view room. (Funny how I just went to look at there website and it now has written under the photos "deluxe ocean view" under the images that didn't show that previously. They must have listened when I said they needed to update their info. The partial ocean view room looks NOTHING like the one on the virtual tour. The ocean view is amazing and worth the extra money. If you plan to visit this hotel or any hotel on the same street or by this hotel, I strongly encourage you to find a hotel on another street. There is construction going on right in front of this hotel that starts at 6:30 am every day but Sunday. It is very loud and wakes you up.

I will list the pros and cons of this hotel to help you make your own decisions on how you feel about this hotel. I have very high standards for hotels and the only thing that this hotel had that was wonderful was the staff and service.

CONS~
No restaurant in hotel
No gift shop or snack shop to grab something to eat
No Room Service
Pool area has no shade and is very small
Pool area closes at 9pm

PROS~
Directly across the street from the beach
Walking distance to many shops, several ABC stores and restaurants
Spacious and very clean rooms
Comfortable beds
Great customer service and staff

Room Tip: ocean views are worth the extra money
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Aloha!

And Mahalo to this guest for staying with us and for taking the time share their experiences with me.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to this guest for their initial experience with us. As she mentioned, her reservation was for a 2 bedroom partial ocean view suite and the picture on our website is for a deluxe ocean view suite. Many of our guests who have stayed with us have enjoyed these partial ocean view suites as they are spacious, provide some views of Waikiki Beach and are our best priced suites. I would also like to share with this guest that we are currently inspecting all of our suites which is the first step in our goal of renovating all them once again. As for our lobby, we really do our best to make it as comfortable as possible for everyone and while the temperatures have been unusually cool for this time of year, I will check on the temperature with our Chief Engineer. Although we do not offer any restaurant on site, there are many restaurants within easy walking distance or a short car ride. We also offer in-room dining and I am very sorry this guest was not made aware of this service. Our pool area is "cozy" and many of our guests will take a quick dip after they've spent the day at Waikiki Beach which is just steps away from our property.

On a positive note, I was really happy to see that this guest found our location convenient for what they wanted to do, our suites clean, spacious and comfortable and most importantly our staff really customer oriented. All of our managers and employees really try their very best to ensure that each and every guest experience with us is the best it can be and I'm really happy to see this guest was able to experience our brand of personalized customer service.

I would once again like to extend my sincerest apologies to this guest and hope that we have the opportunity of hosting them in the future.

Aloha & Mahalo!
atl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thanks to my in laws who funded this trip we were able to spend a week at the Aston Beach Tower. After a 9+ hour flight it was nice to be greeted by friendly smiling faces. Check in was seamless and our room on the 35th floor was clean and ready to go !

We were in a 2B/2B premium oceanfront with spectacular views of Diamond Head and the ocean. Although this rooms (#3501) furniture was a bit dated and no flat panel TV's, everything worked fine. Plenty of room for 6 to spread out and relax. Bunches of closets, large lanai with ample seating was nice to relax on. Bedrooms were good size and had mountain views. WI-FI worked great and the unit had plenty of outlets to stay charged and connected.(Very important with a 14 & 21 year old)

Bathrooms were clean, washer/dryer with detergent made things handy when spilling chocolate ice cream all over myself!

Housekeeping came around twice a day and kept everything neat and clean. Front desk was always friendly and helpful. Bell staff especially Ed and Eddy were terrific and always offered great advice on places to see and eat. Nice to have valet parking as the streets are packed and parking is a premium. We rented a mini-van and it came in very handy traveling the island. Traffic is bad all the time.

Diamond head was a nice walk for me in the mornings as it is only 2 miles away.Beach access is out the front door and across the street. Convenient walking to everything. McDonald's right down stairs closed a few days after we arrived for a 5 month renovation, so Big Mac meal fans will have to go elsewhere to pick up your $9 meal.

I doubt we could ever afford to come back here on our own, but if we did, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a room where the master bedroom opens/oceanfront onto the lanai, get one of the middle 2...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
pjpowers82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is the best value in Waikiki to get ocean front and beach views. The other hotels are beach front, but costs at least double. Get a beach front room on a high floor, see if you can get closer to the Diamond Head side of the front of the building. It provides the best views of both Diamond Head and the beach strip. They provide free breakfast, beach towels, and camping style chairs for the beach. The hotel is clean and decent room sizes, it's definitely not super high end, but you're in Hawaii. If you're there to stay in the room you went to the wrong place.

Room Tip: High floor, beach front.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aston Waikiki Beach Tower? Share your experiences!