“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2470 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
Prepay & Save - from $387
Ranked #8 of 83 hotels in Honolulu
Sydney
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great family location across the road from the beach with great ocean views, friendly and helpful staff.got upgraded due to over 50s membership with champagne and chocolates on arrival. beds are comfortable with all modern conveniences. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The check in with Byron was perfect. The accommodations for 4 were very nice and the location is right on Waikiki Beach. Valet parking was included and the service was very good. Short walk to Royal Hawaiian, International Market Place etc.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1204 (on the beach view side) - if you get a little higher you will have a better...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We recently holidayed in Waikiki with our 2 teenage daughters & found the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower to be perfect accommodation. Upon reading reviews on this site before leaving on holiday we decided to upgrade the initial partial ocean view suite we had initially booked to an ocean view. Upon arrival we were delighted with our suite (1802) & the view was outstanding! The suite was clean, comfortable & spacious. it was a bit dated but very well maintained. It was also very quiet and in the best location, close to all the shops & restaurants. We found the staff to be very helpful & friendly & appreciated our room being serviced twice a day with a treat being left at our bedsides each night. The only negative I can say about this accommodation was the 4th floor where the pool & sauna etc was as this was very dated & the pool wasn't in an attractive setting & very windy, however being straight across the road from the beautiful beach certainly made up for this!
We had a wonderful family holiday & would certainly recommend this great accommodation to all!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to get over our long trip before going to maui - we arrived at 10.00pm at night and
The staff were so helpful and friendly - the rooms have everything you would get from a 4 and 5 star hotel but you are
Not paying their prices - yes the room is a bit small - it did not bother me.

The location is fab - you are in the heart of Waikiki and everything is at your doorstep.

Would I stay here again - yes - and your connection for wifi is included in your daily room charge - not an additional
Cost which some hotels were charging between 9 dollars to 15 dollars per day over above your daily room charges plus
Tax

Value for money - most certainly - would I recommend yes yes

Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

After searching many a hotel I was recommended Aston wakiki Beach Tower by a friend. It was my four children's first overseas trip and as I am on my own with them was wanting this holiday to go smoothly. Well I hit the jackpot. From the moment we checked in I couldn't believe the such helpful staff. We were upgraded which was lovely. The reception staff were wonderful especially Yutz (spelling may be wrong) and Jon the very helpful on call does everything for you. We called him to work out our tvs and the oven on a few occasions. The position was fantastic walking distance to everything with next to no noise. After reading tripadvisor got a few tips. As we were there 10 days from Australia I caught a cab to local saveway store and bought food for the week. I got a free Safeway card which on my $430 bill saved me $60. It's worth the $9.50 fare. The rooms were very roomy and everything you need in a holiday unit. Best of all for me the maid service was fantastic everyday clean sheets and clean kitchen and a turndown service late afternoon it was amazing. We would go to the beach come home breeky dishes done yahoo. I will return one day and would not want to stay anywhere else. Our room no was 1002 on the 10 floor. I loved it. Hope you take my advise you won't be sorry

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose this hotel for two reasons, the location and the fact we could have 5 people in the one apartment. We were definitely not disappointed. The location proved to be a winner and the room was very comfortable and clean. It was great having a kitchen, as it meant we were not rushing off to get to breakfast before 10:30am and could sit on the balcony (with one of the best views anywhere) eating our breakfast at leisure.
The view from the back of the hotel (at night) was nearly as spectacular as the front.
The friendly demeanour of the staff at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower was always a pleasure to see. We would return to this hotel as we didn’t have any issues at all. Cleanliness (5/5), location (5/5), staff (5/5).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Aston Beach Tower before our cruise on the Pride of America. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm after our long flight from the east coast. The hotel is a bit hard to find as the entrance is on the side street. I knew it was near the McDonalds. Once we arrived we were greeted by the super friendly staff.

We had a one bedroom (2103 if I remember correctly). The room was in great shape except for the air conditioner (more on that in a bit). The layout is very nice and the furniture was in great shape, The balcony was a great size and the furniture was very comfortable. I did not realize though till the next morning that the ice maker had to be turned on so we didn't have ice till that night. The room comes with coffee which was nice. I didn't realize and had brought our own.

The hotel is up past the major craziness of Waikiki which was nice and beach was a short walk across the street and we walked to the Outrigger Waikiki in less than 10 minutes. The valet was quick and gave us a map which we kept for our entire trip to help us get to the H1 and told us to visit the Pali lookout when we ventured to the North Shore the day after we arrived. I am so glad they told us. The view was tremendous.

After returning we explored and found the pool. It looked great but we choose to go into the ocean instead. If we had more time than we would have used the pool.

The only issue we had was the air conditioner in the room. The first night it did not shut off. I got up during the night and found a long sleeve shirt and put it on. We told the front desk on our way out. We returned that evening and found that the heat was on and the room was up near 90. We told them and then went out. We came back quite a while later and they were still working on the unit. We were told that they didn't have the part to fix it that night but they could rig it to run all night again. We had them rig it. We could deal with the cold better than the heat. I put pillows from the couch and chairs on top of the tv cabinet in the bedroom to keep it from blowing directly on us. It worked.

We addressed this issue the next morning when we checked out and the lady at the front desk told me that she would address it with her manager when he returned about issuing a credit. Well the credit card bill came and no credit. I called the hotel and was credited one night of our stay for our inconvenience. I ordinarily don't do things like that but the problem was not fixed the first time and we were kept out of our room for nearly three hours while it was being fixed at night. It was almost 11 when we got back into our room and our bodies thought it was 4 am. We had to get up early to go to Pearl Harbor the next morning so we could not sleep in.

Would we stay here again. Yes in a heartbeat. The location is great. The walkway off the main drag is nice as it was an instant escape from there.

Room Tip: as for a room in the center that is higher up in the hotel. You get a complete view this way and yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aston Waikiki Beach Tower? Share your experiences!