“Great location and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Beach Tower to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2470 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
10% Off with #AstonLife
Ranked #11 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
“Great location and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to get over our long trip before going to maui - we arrived at 10.00pm at night and
The staff were so helpful and friendly - the rooms have everything you would get from a 4 and 5 star hotel but you are
Not paying their prices - yes the room is a bit small - it did not bother me.

The location is fab - you are in the heart of Waikiki and everything is at your doorstep.

Would I stay here again - yes - and your connection for wifi is included in your daily room charge - not an additional
Cost which some hotels were charging between 9 dollars to 15 dollars per day over above your daily room charges plus
Tax

Value for money - most certainly - would I recommend yes yes

Stayed December 2012

727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

After searching many a hotel I was recommended Aston wakiki Beach Tower by a friend. It was my four children's first overseas trip and as I am on my own with them was wanting this holiday to go smoothly. Well I hit the jackpot. From the moment we checked in I couldn't believe the such helpful staff. We were upgraded which was lovely. The reception staff were wonderful especially Yutz (spelling may be wrong) and Jon the very helpful on call does everything for you. We called him to work out our tvs and the oven on a few occasions. The position was fantastic walking distance to everything with next to no noise. After reading tripadvisor got a few tips. As we were there 10 days from Australia I caught a cab to local saveway store and bought food for the week. I got a free Safeway card which on my $430 bill saved me $60. It's worth the $9.50 fare. The rooms were very roomy and everything you need in a holiday unit. Best of all for me the maid service was fantastic everyday clean sheets and clean kitchen and a turndown service late afternoon it was amazing. We would go to the beach come home breeky dishes done yahoo. I will return one day and would not want to stay anywhere else. Our room no was 1002 on the 10 floor. I loved it. Hope you take my advise you won't be sorry

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose this hotel for two reasons, the location and the fact we could have 5 people in the one apartment. We were definitely not disappointed. The location proved to be a winner and the room was very comfortable and clean. It was great having a kitchen, as it meant we were not rushing off to get to breakfast before 10:30am and could sit on the balcony (with one of the best views anywhere) eating our breakfast at leisure.
The view from the back of the hotel (at night) was nearly as spectacular as the front.
The friendly demeanour of the staff at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower was always a pleasure to see. We would return to this hotel as we didn’t have any issues at all. Cleanliness (5/5), location (5/5), staff (5/5).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Aston Beach Tower before our cruise on the Pride of America. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm after our long flight from the east coast. The hotel is a bit hard to find as the entrance is on the side street. I knew it was near the McDonalds. Once we arrived we were greeted by the super friendly staff.

We had a one bedroom (2103 if I remember correctly). The room was in great shape except for the air conditioner (more on that in a bit). The layout is very nice and the furniture was in great shape, The balcony was a great size and the furniture was very comfortable. I did not realize though till the next morning that the ice maker had to be turned on so we didn't have ice till that night. The room comes with coffee which was nice. I didn't realize and had brought our own.

The hotel is up past the major craziness of Waikiki which was nice and beach was a short walk across the street and we walked to the Outrigger Waikiki in less than 10 minutes. The valet was quick and gave us a map which we kept for our entire trip to help us get to the H1 and told us to visit the Pali lookout when we ventured to the North Shore the day after we arrived. I am so glad they told us. The view was tremendous.

After returning we explored and found the pool. It looked great but we choose to go into the ocean instead. If we had more time than we would have used the pool.

The only issue we had was the air conditioner in the room. The first night it did not shut off. I got up during the night and found a long sleeve shirt and put it on. We told the front desk on our way out. We returned that evening and found that the heat was on and the room was up near 90. We told them and then went out. We came back quite a while later and they were still working on the unit. We were told that they didn't have the part to fix it that night but they could rig it to run all night again. We had them rig it. We could deal with the cold better than the heat. I put pillows from the couch and chairs on top of the tv cabinet in the bedroom to keep it from blowing directly on us. It worked.

We addressed this issue the next morning when we checked out and the lady at the front desk told me that she would address it with her manager when he returned about issuing a credit. Well the credit card bill came and no credit. I called the hotel and was credited one night of our stay for our inconvenience. I ordinarily don't do things like that but the problem was not fixed the first time and we were kept out of our room for nearly three hours while it was being fixed at night. It was almost 11 when we got back into our room and our bodies thought it was 4 am. We had to get up early to go to Pearl Harbor the next morning so we could not sleep in.

Would we stay here again. Yes in a heartbeat. The location is great. The walkway off the main drag is nice as it was an instant escape from there.

Room Tip: as for a room in the center that is higher up in the hotel. You get a complete view this way and yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was a retirement celebration holiday. We were upgraded to the 29th floor and were rewarded with spectacular views from our balcony or "lanai". It didn't matter what time of the day there was always something to see from the lanai. The service was great, everybody was very friendly. We went swimming everyday, right across the street. We picked up towels from the concierge each time we went swimming and returned them when we were finished. Having a full kitchen helped as we ate breakfast and lunch in the room most days and the washer and dryer came in handy. The main bedroom had a walk in closet, two sinks and separate room for toilet and tub/shower. We rented a car and made use of the complimentary car parking (we self parked). We arrived late November and stayed for 8 nights. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We choose this accommodation as we wanted sweeping views of Waikiki beach, and booked the deluxe double unit. The views were stunning. This property is well positioned and an easy walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach is right outside.

Perhaps the furniture is a bit outdated, but clean and functional. Staff at reception were very helpful .

There are a few Aston properties in the area, make sure you taxi driver knows which one you want. We took a taxi from the airport, and our taxi driver took us to the wrong Aston. Luckily we did not get out of the taxi with our luggage, and realised the error.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking the time to share their Waikiki vacation experience with us. I was really pleased to see that they found the views from their suite to be "stunning" and our location ideal for their vacation needs. We are just "steps" away from famous Waikiki Beach and the dining experiences are many and varied allowing everyone to taste a sample of the islands(hint: ask our valets and guest service agents where their favorite places to eat are and they'll be more than happy to share our island culture with you!). I also noted their comments about the furniture in their suite and I am happy to share with them that plans are underway to replace the existing furnishings and we hope to get the furniture package to our owners in the near future.

MAHALO once again to these guests for staying wtih us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the near future! Until then, here's wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Holiday Season!

ALOHA!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Upgraded to 29th floor upon arrival, the balcony is awesome, allows us sun starved folks to suck up sunshine whenever possible with premium views of Waikiki....beach isn't overly crowded, the pool and hot tub were a plus, we used them every night, previous guest complained at pool never being used, that's an incentive as who prefers a crowded pool? kids loved this place, so did I, now to get over the post vacation blues. one rant. Honolulu needs to put all the beach bums to work, place is crawling with them, they're sleeping on picnic tables, under tree, don't think about walking in adjacent parks after dark. this is major issue and the city had better fix it...as I have Maui in my scope for next year, lot less of that going on there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aston Waikiki Beach Tower? Share your experiences!