“Almost "50" stayed in lots of places, never found such great service and wow the position” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

You added Aston Waikiki Beach Tower to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2470 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Take 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

After searching many a hotel I was recommended Aston wakiki Beach Tower by a friend. It was my four children's first overseas trip and as I am on my own with them was wanting this holiday to go smoothly. Well I hit the jackpot. From the moment we checked in I couldn't believe the such helpful staff. We were upgraded which was lovely. The reception staff were wonderful especially Yutz (spelling may be wrong) and Jon the very helpful on call does everything for you. We called him to work out our tvs and the oven on a few occasions. The position was fantastic walking distance to everything with next to no noise. After reading tripadvisor got a few tips. As we were there 10 days from Australia I caught a cab to local saveway store and bought food for the week. I got a free Safeway card which on my $430 bill saved me $60. It's worth the $9.50 fare. The rooms were very roomy and everything you need in a holiday unit. Best of all for me the maid service was fantastic everyday clean sheets and clean kitchen and a turndown service late afternoon it was amazing. We would go to the beach come home breeky dishes done yahoo. I will return one day and would not want to stay anywhere else. Our room no was 1002 on the 10 floor. I loved it. Hope you take my advise you won't be sorry

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose this hotel for two reasons, the location and the fact we could have 5 people in the one apartment. We were definitely not disappointed. The location proved to be a winner and the room was very comfortable and clean. It was great having a kitchen, as it meant we were not rushing off to get to breakfast before 10:30am and could sit on the balcony (with one of the best views anywhere) eating our breakfast at leisure.
The view from the back of the hotel (at night) was nearly as spectacular as the front.
The friendly demeanour of the staff at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower was always a pleasure to see. We would return to this hotel as we didn’t have any issues at all. Cleanliness (5/5), location (5/5), staff (5/5).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Aston Beach Tower before our cruise on the Pride of America. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm after our long flight from the east coast. The hotel is a bit hard to find as the entrance is on the side street. I knew it was near the McDonalds. Once we arrived we were greeted by the super friendly staff.

We had a one bedroom (2103 if I remember correctly). The room was in great shape except for the air conditioner (more on that in a bit). The layout is very nice and the furniture was in great shape, The balcony was a great size and the furniture was very comfortable. I did not realize though till the next morning that the ice maker had to be turned on so we didn't have ice till that night. The room comes with coffee which was nice. I didn't realize and had brought our own.

The hotel is up past the major craziness of Waikiki which was nice and beach was a short walk across the street and we walked to the Outrigger Waikiki in less than 10 minutes. The valet was quick and gave us a map which we kept for our entire trip to help us get to the H1 and told us to visit the Pali lookout when we ventured to the North Shore the day after we arrived. I am so glad they told us. The view was tremendous.

After returning we explored and found the pool. It looked great but we choose to go into the ocean instead. If we had more time than we would have used the pool.

The only issue we had was the air conditioner in the room. The first night it did not shut off. I got up during the night and found a long sleeve shirt and put it on. We told the front desk on our way out. We returned that evening and found that the heat was on and the room was up near 90. We told them and then went out. We came back quite a while later and they were still working on the unit. We were told that they didn't have the part to fix it that night but they could rig it to run all night again. We had them rig it. We could deal with the cold better than the heat. I put pillows from the couch and chairs on top of the tv cabinet in the bedroom to keep it from blowing directly on us. It worked.

We addressed this issue the next morning when we checked out and the lady at the front desk told me that she would address it with her manager when he returned about issuing a credit. Well the credit card bill came and no credit. I called the hotel and was credited one night of our stay for our inconvenience. I ordinarily don't do things like that but the problem was not fixed the first time and we were kept out of our room for nearly three hours while it was being fixed at night. It was almost 11 when we got back into our room and our bodies thought it was 4 am. We had to get up early to go to Pearl Harbor the next morning so we could not sleep in.

Would we stay here again. Yes in a heartbeat. The location is great. The walkway off the main drag is nice as it was an instant escape from there.

Room Tip: as for a room in the center that is higher up in the hotel. You get a complete view this way and yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was a retirement celebration holiday. We were upgraded to the 29th floor and were rewarded with spectacular views from our balcony or "lanai". It didn't matter what time of the day there was always something to see from the lanai. The service was great, everybody was very friendly. We went swimming everyday, right across the street. We picked up towels from the concierge each time we went swimming and returned them when we were finished. Having a full kitchen helped as we ate breakfast and lunch in the room most days and the washer and dryer came in handy. The main bedroom had a walk in closet, two sinks and separate room for toilet and tub/shower. We rented a car and made use of the complimentary car parking (we self parked). We arrived late November and stayed for 8 nights. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We choose this accommodation as we wanted sweeping views of Waikiki beach, and booked the deluxe double unit. The views were stunning. This property is well positioned and an easy walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach is right outside.

Perhaps the furniture is a bit outdated, but clean and functional. Staff at reception were very helpful .

There are a few Aston properties in the area, make sure you taxi driver knows which one you want. We took a taxi from the airport, and our taxi driver took us to the wrong Aston. Luckily we did not get out of the taxi with our luggage, and realised the error.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Aloha!

And MAHALO to these guests for staying with us and for taking the time to share their Waikiki vacation experience with us. I was really pleased to see that they found the views from their suite to be "stunning" and our location ideal for their vacation needs. We are just "steps" away from famous Waikiki Beach and the dining experiences are many and varied allowing everyone to taste a sample of the islands(hint: ask our valets and guest service agents where their favorite places to eat are and they'll be more than happy to share our island culture with you!). I also noted their comments about the furniture in their suite and I am happy to share with them that plans are underway to replace the existing furnishings and we hope to get the furniture package to our owners in the near future.

MAHALO once again to these guests for staying wtih us and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting them and all of you in the near future! Until then, here's wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Holiday Season!

ALOHA!
Valentine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in room 1002. We booked 'a partial oceanview room so I expected only a glimpse of the ocean ,so we were thrilled with our view as it was amazing. We loved waking up to see the ocean from our bedroom and seeing the sunset from our balcony. It was tempting to just stay at the apartment and take in the view! The position of the Beach Tower was perfect for our family. The safe 'walled' beach and the Kuhio Beach Torch Lighting and Hula Show are just across the road.It is a pleasant walk along Kalakaua Avenue to all the great shops and restaurants.The apartment suited our family of 5 perfectly as there was 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms,full kitchen,washer and dryer,and a fold out sofabed in the living room( it was the bed with the best view!)We loved the use of free beach towels and the daily housekeeping.Many thanks to all the staff, we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Maybe asked for one of the middle apartments rather than the ones on the side as the main bedroom ov...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at a condo in Maui last year for a week and it was wonderful, so I expected the similar experience at Aston Beach Tower. After spent a week here, I found that the Aston has almost nothing comparable, not even close. If Aston is a 4-star hotel/condo, the Maui one would be a 7-star (and it was cheaper than Aston)!

This is basically an apartment building - there is a tiny tiny lobby, bedroom-size reception, no bar, no restaurant, a 500 sqft swimming pool that nobody uses, a pool table covered by dust. The room was good, kitchen was well equipped (but again, not comparable with the Maui one). The view would be great if you live above 17 floor (that passes the Aston circle in front of it) and your view isn't partially blocked by your neighbour.

The location is the only thing I feel good about it - it is a street away from waikiki beach (which is always super crowded). It is also on the KalaKaua ave, which is full of high-end shops and restaurants. So you will have plenty of things to do if you are bored about beaches.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
banyan96815, General Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Aloha!

And Mahalo to this guest for staying with us and for taking the time to share their experience with us. I was really sorry to see that they found their experience to be less than what they expected as we have received many, many positive reviews about our location, spacious suites, wonderful ocean views and most importantly our warm and friendly staff. My only wish is that they would have shared their thoughts with us during their stay so that we could have reviewed what options were available to them.

I sincerely hope we have the opportunity of hosting these guests again in the future as I'm sure their thoughts and experiences will be changed once they return. Until then, here's wishing them much continued success and great health!

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Been to Aston Waikiki Beach Tower? Share your experiences!